DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadian UAV interim laws Affect Any Canadians?

wheels

Reactions
I am a new Mavic owner in Ontario and I'm scared to fly my drone. I don't want to get a fine and deal with the law and I am wondering if these new laws are affecting any other drone enthusiasts. I spend good money on my drone and I really don't know where to fly. I mean there is buildings every where. Ok ok. The countryside is not too far of a drive but there is animals everywhere too. Has any flyers received a ticket yet? Has any flyers been harassed by the law or the general public?

I have been flying drones for about 3 years now and have not had any problems. Most people are interested to see one in flight. I just try to find secluded scenic areas . Now with the Mavic and the great photos and videos it can take there are many great spots to go fly. I think if you try and fly in public parks , school yards or populated areas then you risk the chance of trouble with people or the Law. There's many great areas within 1/2 hour of London in any direction.

I had a phantom 2 before my mavic and never had a problem either but I was just seeing if these new interim laws ( which now could have a penalty of up to $3000) has caused any havoc to any drone enthusiasts. I can't wait to film some cinematic video of hopefully more then secluded scenic area. I would love to film some Heritage areas or a family or friends wedding, a birthday and at a safe distance and with the knowledge that everyone is aware

I to have had over one thousand safe flights over the last 8 yrs. and now because of the area I live in have to travel to be able to put my Mavic in flight it's very sad how we pay for others who don't respect our hobby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada