DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot import into iMovie

Reactions
Help! Getting really frustrated...I just simply cant make this work.

Footage from both my Mavic nor my GoPro will open in iMovie or Final Cut. Always says it doesn't support file type. I've tried converting footage with GoPro studio...still nothing.

This can't be this hard...what am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt

Are you talking of the footage from the card? Are you copying that to your drive first? how?
Always include everything you're doing if you want efficient troubleshooting.

Yes, shooting in 4K and copying the file to hard drive.

Sorry, thought this would be a pretty easy one..

Yes, shooting in 4K and copying the file to hard drive.

Sorry, thought this would be a pretty easy one..

You Are using a mac. Don't try to copy just click and drag the file to your HD. It should move it over that way.

Yep, drug the files over.

Just to be clear, they play fine and open in various other programs, it's just that iMovie says it can't open .mp4 and if I try to convert it then it says that it won't open QuickTime format.

Yep, drug the files over.

Just to be clear, they play fine and open in various other programs, it's just that iMovie says it can't open .mp4 and if I try to convert it then it says that it won't open QuickTime format.

If it plays in quicktime then export it from there

If it won't play you should dbl check 4k abilities

Yah, if using a MAC always best to shoot in .mov format. Quality seems a little better and worth the slightly bigger file size.

From a quick Goggle search, I found the following article:

iMovie Won't Import MP4 Files | Official Apple Support Communities

So, you could try grabbing Handbrake (like what I did there) and using it to convert to a format that iMovie likes

iMovie only supports few video formats like mp4, mov, if your video format is not supported by iMovie, it will fail to import to iMovie.
In this case we had better convert the video to iMovie more supported mp4 or mov with the help of iDealshare VideoGo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes