DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case for the Mavic

I got the fly more combo and I think the majority of the time, the shoulder bag will work just fine. I've actually figured an arrangement that allows me to get everything in the bag, though it's a little tight with the car charger (which I'll probably use a LOT out on the boat). I put the two extra batteries in the side pockets. I thought I'd look around and see if I could find something a tiny bit bigger and came across this from Beach Camera for a whopping $16.99 delivered. The dimensions look perfect as do the number of pockets. It's probably a bit on the cheap side, but for $17, there's not much to lose.

BeachCamera.com - Digpro Compact Deluxe SLR Camera Bag - DP79BDG

I got the fly more combo and I think the majority of the time, the shoulder bag will work just fine. I've actually figured an arrangement that allows me to get everything in the bag, though it's a little tight with the car charger (which I'll probably use a LOT out on the boat). I put the two extra batteries in the side pockets. I thought I'd look around and see if I could find something a tiny bit bigger and came across this from Beach Camera for a whopping $16.99 delivered. The dimensions look perfect as do the number of pockets. It's probably a bit on the cheap side, but for $17, there's not much to lose.

BeachCamera.com - Digpro Compact Deluxe SLR Camera Bag - DP79BDG
I agree the Mavic bag works but is very tight. Can you post a picture of your new bag with all the 'stuff' in it arrives.

I agree the Mavic bag works but is very tight. Can you post a picture of your new bag with all the 'stuff' in it arrives.

Sure, assuming it works better. If not, I've got another in mind! I think that it might be perfect, it is a few inches larger in all dimensions, so it seems to make sense.

Sure, assuming it works better. If not, I've got another in mind! I think that it might be perfect, it is a few inches larger in all dimensions, so it seems to make sense.

Well, I got the bag from Beach Camera. It is not quite tall enough to fit the Mavic in straight up and down and not practical for putting it in horizontally... if it were an inch or two taller, it would be perfect... now I know what dimensions are most important! :)

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Professional Carry Case for DJI Mavic Pro - Explorer Edition from MC-Cases.com. They are a German company and I spoke to a couple of people who have their cases, including a vendor, who said they're every bit as nice and well made as Nanuk and GPC. What I REALLY like about this case is that there is ROOM for the DJI Shoulder Bag in the left removable section (check out the video on that page), so you can load the Shoulder Bag up with everything/anything else you want and have it with you. I think it combines the best of two worlds. Taking EVERYTHING with you in a fairly small package and yet having the even more portable stuff for when you just want to move around wherever you end up. I'll post some pictures when I receive it, though their pictures and video pretty much tell the full story.
View media item 129

I don't understand the purpose of taking something that's meant to be portable (the Mavic) and stowing it in cases the size of the Phantom case. I assume for shipping?

I don't understand the purpose of taking something that's meant to be portable (the Mavic) and stowing it in cases the size of the Phantom case. I assume for shipping?
You know, I thought the same thing. This is the third week I've had the Mavic Pro (maybe fourth) and I take the soft case everywhere... in the car, on the boat, on walks, etc. Obviously, I can secure it when driving and boating. But once on the boat someone almost sat on it and another time someone almost stepped on it. In the car, it tends to slide around--especially the way I drive! It just seemed like a STILL portable way to take it with you, have the extra protection and still have the VERY small case for when that's convenient. The case is pretty small by itself and, let's face it, the shoulder bag does NOT offer much protection at all. It is certainly easier to carry than those big ugly backpacks.. and heck, It's only money!! :rolleyes:

Plus, I wouldn't call it the size of the Phantom case, and they do make one that's:

Mavic Pro Explorer - 18.27 x 14.41 x H 6.93 inch - Weight: 6.5lb
Phantom 4 Case - 22.05 x 16.45 x H 8.27 inch - Weight: 11.6lb

And they do make a MUCH smaller, more compact one that would work fine for most people that is 2.5lbs.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Professional Carry Case for DJI Mavic Pro - Explorer Edition from MC-Cases.com. They are a German company and I spoke to a couple of people who have their cases, including a vendor, who said they're every bit as nice and well made as Nanuk and GPC. What I REALLY like about this case is that there is ROOM for the DJI Shoulder Bag in the left removable section (check out the video on that page), so you can load the Shoulder Bag up with everything/anything else you want and have it with you. I think it combines the best of two worlds. Taking EVERYTHING with you in a fairly small package and yet having the even more portable stuff for when you just want to move around wherever you end up. I'll post some pictures when I receive it, though their pictures and video pretty much tell the full story.
View media item 129

Did you order direct from them? I see it says pre order, so I was wondering how long it would take to get here to the states.

View media item 129

Really defeats the purpose.. Annoying hand carrying if you are hiking. The only advantage you have is that its better protected.

This is a cheapy Caden sling bag. Easy to access.
The below fits everything you have pictured + 2 additional batteries.
Caden4.jpg

Caden6.jpg

Did you order direct from them? I see it says pre order, so I was wondering how long it would take to get here to the states.
Yes, I ordered it directly from them. They said they would have them in stock early next week (after Turkey Day) and I could get one of those. They said Amazon won't be getting any until late in the first or second week of December. They use DHL. I order stuff from Germany, France and England for myself and my girlfriend frequently and most of the time, I get it in two or three days at the most via DHL.... they're like FedEx from Shenzhen, very quick.

Really defeats the purpose.. Annoying hand carrying if you are hiking. The only advantage you have is that its better protected.

This is a cheapy Caden sling bag. Easy to access.
The below fits everything you have pictured + 2 additional batteries.
Caden4.jpg

Caden6.jpg
I know I can type too much info, but if you look closely, one of my comments was that I like THAT particular hard case because it can also store the Mavic shoulder bag, which I have. I simply want this SMALLER hard case for transporting all the stuff I have for the Mavic, including car charger, I have an AC to 12V DC converter charger to power the car charger so I can charge more than four at a time, etc. I don't plan to do any hiking, I just want to protect the Mavic in a hard case in the car or on the boat. I'll also, eventually have at least 6 or 7 batteries, maybe 8.

Reactions: MavicProMX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada