DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casey Neistat's 2nd Mavic

Just for the record, I never meant to say he's above criticism. No one is. I agree if he has a greater reach/power then he has greater responsibility as well, but that's entirely up to him, and IMO he didn't do anything too crazy or bad but that's just me. As styles go, I do enjoy more "relaxing" and not-as-technical reviews too but in the end I'm more on the lines of Tom's tech Time, I like the way he does this thing and he has a good vibe to him as well. But that's purely personal opinion. In fact, the internet and Youtube is rich of crazy, daring or just plain stupid stunts, as that kind seem to be very popular because it does attract a lot of views. I'm speculating here but maybe CN's fans like his... perhaps more polemic approach to drone testing/reviewing lol

Tom Tech Time is awesome I must agree along with Drone Valley.Theres also an personal droner by the name of Michael Kincaid that gives intelligent flight mode tutorials that gives first person view using mobizen of how each flight mode works that also publishes awesome youtube videos with a wealth of information.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Looks like Casey crashed his new Mavic already. In the Karma vs Phantom 4 video he released on Saturday, he says at the 4:00 mark, "I didn't bring my Mavic because I dropped it in the river, but I've got my Phantom 4"

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Looks like Casey crashed his new Mavic already. In the Karma vs Phantom 4 video he released on Saturday, he says at the 4:00 mark, "I didn't bring my Mavic because I dropped it in the river, but I've got my Phantom 4"

I believe he was referring to his first Mavic. I don't think he got the second one until he returned from CA. He is a couple days behind.

That video was shot before he received his new one. He was referring to the first one he had.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They guy works hard. Whether I like him or not is totally beside the point and no one is unanimity anyway. So I give that: he's doing it and 6M followers is huge. It's not easy to be a Youtube or whatever celebrity, takes time and sweat to even get to that level, and then you need to keep doing it better and better all the time because... well, because just like in any other job there's a line of folks willing do it even better than you and take your spot (and some will, this is a fugazzi thing the internet so the next CN might be just around the corner).

So you gotta put A LOT of hours into everything just to be there. From making your videos (which include lots of filming then editing then promoting, etc.), to attending events and kissing tons of a$$ (some are nice, most are boring...), you need a lot of energy and will to do what he and these other guys and gals do. We only get to see the nice part which is getting free stuff and trying it well ahead of regular "us", but I'd bet he works pretty hard to make it happen!

Well maybe its not easy etc. to be a Youtube star, but for the money he makes i would say that he is making a bit more than i would consider okay for the job he does.
I can think of hundreds of jobs that should pay much more than being a Youtube star, unfortunately that is not the case.

And he should absolutely not get a Mavic before the ones who has ordered one before him, if that is the case. Especially considering that he already had one which he destroyed. But of course DJI doesn't think that way.

And it doesn't seem that he is caring a bit about the legality of his flying, i can not imagine that flying on Manhattan is allowed , and this guy seems to do it all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic_Man504
I don't think Casey cares about getting busted. He flies all over the [emoji289] and no seems to mind his antics!

I mind and a lot of other flyers do as well. Him doing it makes a lot of others. A lot of others that may not be responsible. Which means more rules and less flying for all of us.

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
I believe he was referring to his first Mavic. I don't think he got the second one until he returned from CA. He is a couple days behind.

I thought his first Mavic was a fly-away, when he was in the city, and didn't know where it went.

no one directly addressed the video where he flew in a restricted area,was told not to fly by law enforcement,yet flew anyway not to mention picked up a fan boy to consipre in his efforts because of his notoriety

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app
Are you referring to the one where he was told not to fly on a pier and he moved to another pier where he could? You have to pay attention to the entire video, not just some parts.

Reactions: Steve and moocows42
So I had to clean this thread up again. Also, we don't leave post out of context so your post may or may not have been caught up in the cleanup. I will be locking this thread down the next time it goes off topic or gets out of hand.

Well maybe its not easy etc. to be a Youtube star, but for the money he makes i would say that he is making a bit more than i would consider okay for the job he does.
I can think of hundreds of jobs that should pay much more than being a Youtube star, unfortunately that is not the case.

And he should absolutely not get a Mavic before the ones who has ordered one before him, if that is the case. Especially considering that he already had one which he destroyed. But of course DJI doesn't think that way.

And it doesn't seem that he is caring a bit about the legality of his flying, i can not imagine that flying on Manhattan is allowed , and this guy seems to do it all the time.

Really? So you know how much money he makes then? In that case, what would you consider okay for him to get paid?

As for the other jobs, well I can only say that life´s not fair. But at the end, he makes only what the market is willing to pay him anyway.

And yes, it´s up to DJI to decide who gets the Mavic for free and when. It´s their call as marketing and advertising stratregies go.

I know nothing about flying in Manhattan so I can´t speculate. There are so many no-NFZ and yet ppl come and tell me I should not fly for this or that reason, that´s just society trying to get to terms with a new technology which it is afraid of - it´s a grey zone most of the times.

Last edited:
I have seen many of his videos as he has great productions, stays positive with a positive message and I like NYC so I find him interesting. I can think of about 5 or 6 vlogs with drones in them, his videos are mostly about life, not about drones.

Reactions: dirkclod and AlexSP
What I don't understand is how naive some people are, the trick in good story telling is telling a good story..
What you see is what he wants you to see, not what may or may not have actually happened.

If he thinks there's value in making it look like something happened, he will of course make it that way - that's the art. And he happens to be good at it - hence the impotent rage of some people who assume that all on film is absolutely what really happened...

Reactions: scooot and AlexSP
What I don't understand is how naive some people are, the trick in good story telling is telling a good story..
What you see is what he wants you to see, not what may or may not have actually happened.

If he thinks there's value in making it look like something happened, he will of course make it that way - that's the art. And he happens to be good at it - hence the impotent rage of some people who assume that all on film is absolutely what really happened...

Good point Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair