DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casey Neistat's 2nd Mavic

No, I didn't. Neither. I'm just being coherent. Actions and words. I didn't bring that up, you did - and exactly because it upsets you, as you made clear a few times.

Now, you're absolutely entitled to have and above all express your opinion. I respect that. But the fact remains that this thread is (or was...) about judging his WORK, not his JOB or whether it's fair or easy or even "real". Big difference.

I consider anything else than his PRODUCTION not up to me to judge or criticize. But if you believe it's up to you then fair enough, all the best! ;)

I said its an opinion, where have i said that its up to me to judge?
And you said that i have made it clear that it upsets me, no i haven't, i have said that i think he earns more than what is worth for the job he does. Do you consider that the same thing as being upset? So your statement is inaccurate.

And this thread is about his work you say, well you see sometimes threads naturally evolves into different things, and besides this thread was about Casey getting his second drone while most people haven't got any.
And yes i brought it up that i think he earns too much for the job he does, but you were the one who reacted on what i said and continued the discussion.

See...I kind of think that YOU make more money than your job warrants.

I get tired of people trying to decide how much people should get paid for doing a job that they know absolutely nothing about. In the entertainment biz, the public get to decide that. The public has spoken. Casey deserves his income.

And you can tell that without knowing what my job is? At least my opinion was based on what i know Casey does to make his money.
And another inaccurate statement, where have i said that i decide what he earns? I said thats my opinion, do you think this forum must follow your own opinion? Thats the way it is on forums, people have different opinions, you can't get upset if somebody doesn't think the way you do.
And you say let the public decides...well I'm the public.

I know your job as well as you know Casey Neistat's.

You're the public? The whole public? Or are you one tiny part of it? The rest of the public has decided he deserves his money. The rest of the public doesn't share your opinion, obviously.

So whats my job? Take it easy, take a deep breath. This is a forum, and in forums there are different opinions, not everybody has the same opinion as you. Simple as that.

What's involved in Casey Neistat's job? You don't know.

People are willing to pay to watch him. Simple as that.

Reactions: AlexSP
What's involved in Casey Neistat's job? You don't know.

People are willing to pay to watch him. Simple as that.

Once again you come with an inaccurate statement, i suggest before you start an argument that you read thru the whole thread. What i have talked about is what he earns from his Youtube videos and nothing else, because that was what this discussion was about, and the fact that some people call that a "job"..well that is another story.

I said its an opinion, where have i said that its up to me to judge?

You never said, you just judged him. You may call your judgement of his earnings, lifestyle and job an "opinion" or whatever you wish, but that's semantics. Call it a "judgmental opinion" then if you will, but the fact remains. You should at least own up to it, but that's up to you too.

In case you don't know the difference, an opinion is expressing a view on anything. "I think Casey makes a lot of money in relation to how much (or how little) he works, but I could be wrong". Yet you used stronger, definitive, assertive words to come to the conclusion that you're right about Casey and that's it, no compromise. For you, his is not even a real job, period. Like your definition is what makes a job real or not. Right.

You seem not to get it but just so you know, that difference is what brought the responses.

You never said, you just judged him. You may call your judgement of his earnings, lifestyle and job an "opinion" or whatever you wish, but that's semantics. Call it a "judgmental opinion" then if you will, but the fact remains. You should at least own up to it, but that's up to you too.

In case you don't know the difference, an opinion is expressing a view on anything. "I think Casey makes a lot of money in relation to how much (or how little) he works, but I could be wrong". Yet you used stronger, definitive, assertive words to come to the conclusion that you're right about Casey and that's it, no compromise. For you, his is not even a real job, period. Like your definition is what makes a job real or not. Right.

You seem not to get it but just so you know, that difference is what brought the responses.

Good job continuing this discussion. No what i did was expressed my opinion, i know exactly what an opinion is, and that was what i expressed. Nothing more or nothing less.
I haven't used any stronger assertive words to come to an conclusion, since i have not come to an conclusion, i have just said what i think, i.e, an opinion, and thats allowed so why are you even arguing about what i think?
I have all the right in the world to say that i think he is making too much money from his Youtube videos in relation to the work he put in. If you people then get offended which you apparently are because you are continuing this discussion then thats your problem.

I can say it a thousand times...i think he makes too much money from his Youtube videos. End of story.

Good job continuing this discussion. No what i did was expressed my opinion, i know exactly what an opinion is, and that was what i expressed. Nothing more or nothing less.
I haven't used any stronger assertive words to come to an conclusion, since i have not come to an conclusion, i have just said what i think, i.e, an opinion, and thats allowed so why are you even arguing about what i think?
I have all the right in the world to say that i think he is making too much money from his Youtube videos in relation to the work he put in. If you people then get offended which you apparently are because you are continuing this discussion then thats your problem.

I can say it a thousand times...i think he makes too much money from his Youtube videos. End of story.

I don't care what you think, but I care about what you express, and how. Otherwise I wouldn't bother to participate in forums to start with.

I'm not saying this from disdain or from a higher moral ground. Just to mean that even though I disagree, I respect and understand the part that is your opinion ("...I think he is making too much money from his Youtube videos..."). I'm OK with that. But the part that you don't know about and yet express a judgement ("... in relation to the work he put in...") yes, that part offends me.

Because not only I disagree, I also find it unfair. And it makes the valid part of your opinion too harsh, contaminating it. You were not even capable of coming with a number, a reliable one. Even if you could, the other part totally crushes your point, for you have no idea how much he toils to get his stuff done. So yes, you're judging him, not matter how hard you fight or argue, this is unbreakable logic.

In case you're wondering "why this guy care about Casey Neistat to this point", rest assured I don't. I said it already. It's not about him or anyone in particular. It's about principles and conscience. It's coming across an publicly expressed judgement of someone to which I strongly disagree and object, and to which I find a duty to oppose once I step in. So it's not about Casey or his job as much as something I see "wrong" and unfair, like walking down the street and witnessing someone beating a poor old dog who can't defend himself. You have to do something, otherwise you're accomplice.

You can say a million times, a billion if you will. I honestly you hope you give this some reflection. Opinion and judgement. There are some differences you just don't seem to get, but again that's up to you. It's your life. Doesn't change a thing in my life, but if you give some reflection might just change yours.

Good luck and best wishes all the same, mate ;)

To all the others, sorry for this but... well, we're being respectful and staying on the subject of the topic (Casey Neistat). It's a free world, so if you have something to say, welcome. Otherwise, there's like 1000 other threads, just ignore our replies or start your own. Thanks for the comprehension and best of luck.

I don't care what you think, but I care about what you express, and how. Otherwise I wouldn't bother to participate in forums to start with.

I'm not saying this from disdain or from a higher moral ground. Just to mean that even though I disagree, I respect and understand the part that is your opinion ("...I think he is making too much money from his Youtube videos..."). I'm OK with that. But the part that you don't know about and yet express a judgement ("... in relation to the work he put in...") yes, that part offends me.

Because not only I disagree, I also find it unfair. And it makes the valid part of your opinion too harsh, contaminating it. You were not even capable of coming with a number, a reliable one. Even if you could, the other part totally crushes your point, for you have no idea how much he toils to get his stuff done. So yes, you're judging him, not matter how hard you fight or argue, this is unbreakable logic.

In case you're wondering "why this guy care about Casey Neistat to this point", rest assured I don't. I said it already. It's not about him or anyone in particular. It's about principles and conscience. It's coming across an publicly expressed judgement os someone to which I strongly disagree and object, and to which I find a duty to oppose once I step in. So it's not about Casey or his job as much as something I see "wrong" and unfair, like walking down the street and witnessing someone beating a poor old dog who can't defend himself. You have to do something, otherwise you're accomplice.

You can say a million times, a billion if you will. I honestly you hope you give this some reflection. Opinion and judgement. There are some differences you just don't seem to get, but again that's up to you. It's your life. Doesn't change a thing in my life, but if you give some reflection might just change yours.

Good luck and best wishes all the same, mate ;)

To all the others, sorry for this but... well, we're being respectful and staying on the subject of the topic (Casey Neistat). It's a free world, so if you have something to say, welcome. Otherwise, there's like 1000 other threads, just ignore our replies or start your own. Thanks for the comprehension and best of luck.

Its your understanding that i have made a judgement, but that is inaccurate. I off course know better than you what i meant, if you take it some other way than an opinion then you have misunderstood.
And the thing that you say offends you...if you read my earlier posts i have also said that " for the job he does, in comparison with some other jobs", and also i have said that by "job" i mean what he does on Youtube.
About his earnings, well numbers has been posted earlier, also its no secret what X number of views on monetized videos where somebody interacts with the ads pays. And this guy have millions of views on practically every single video he puts out on Youtube.
So no, no judgement, only opinion.

Last edited:
I thought he was very entertaining. Let's see what he comes up with next. I imagine he's leaving several grand on the table every day for not producing the vlogs. Good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yeah, he's got to be leaving quite a bit of money on the table youtube wise, but who knows.. he may be making more doing something else. I do hope he at least puts out a vlog'ish style video every now and then

Yeah, he's got to be leaving quite a bit of money on the table youtube wise, but who knows.. he may be making more doing something else. I do hope he at least puts out a vlog'ish style video every now and then

He said at the end that he'll still be releasing videos on a regular basis, but they're going to be "different". So I'm guessing they'll be a little more scripted and cinematic, along the lines of the Pokémon video, or the snowboarding in NYC video.

I didn't catch that part, that's good though

Yeah, he just said he won't be doing the monotonous chronicle of his daily life, but instead he'll focus on videos that are "different" but didn't exactly say how.

I'm looking forward to it...I dig his style.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom