DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Caught some nice footage of an eagle last night..

fcat

Reactions
Reactions: makalu
Rough edit from last nights flight, was so fortunate to see this bird land on a tree and managed to get over there. I did not go close and used post production digital zoom, it stayed there for 30 minutes or so.Stone for the White House and the Washington Memorial came from the quarry on this island.

Eagle at Government island
Very cool. Why was your drone moving up and down so much when viewing the eagle? More than I experience.

Very cool. Why was your drone moving up and down so much when viewing the eagle? More than I experience.
I have no idea!! there was very little wind and i could see the drone doing this, my hands were off the controls too! ive been googling it this morning but cant seem to find out why.

Nice video. Did you post-process the video, other than apparent speed-ups? Why is it that the nice videos are taken over water buy a drone that does not float?

Apart from the "speed-up" i didn't do anything (wish i knew how to,lol)

Apart from the "speed-up" i didn't do anything (wish i knew how to,lol)

The video editors, including free ones, have features that are well disclosed via Youtube. Maybe you can find what you want to do there. I initially used VSDC, but when it got to white and color balance, decided to go all-out with Premiere Pro and have found that PP seems to have unlimited capabilities and features (for me). But as with most things, capability seems to be tied to complexity. I decided that the learning curve was worth it in the long run. Drones and video editing for me are only 3 months old. So much fun!

The video editors, including free ones, have features that are well disclosed via Youtube. Maybe you can find what you want to do there. I initially used VSDC, but when it got to white and color balance, decided to go all-out with Premiere Pro and have found that PP seems to have unlimited capabilities and features (for me). But as with most things, capability seems to be tied to complexity. I decided that the learning curve was worth it in the long run. Drones and video editing for me are only 3 months old. So much fun!

Ive used Vegas pro for a long time, just never done any colour corrections or anything like that.

Great footage... It appears a little grainy on some scenes and I agree not sure why it kept going up and down. Mine remains very stable. I hope you find the answer to that problem. None the less I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

I've had the up / down but it comes and goes. I always verify that on hover after first taking off that the Mavic is rock steady. If not, I land and restart. Seems to work for me. It might be a barometer issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake