DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chased a cow out in the country yesterday what a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was up about 8 to 10 ft and was looking right at the cow. He didn't know what to at first and then I started going side to side and that sucker took off. Oh it was fun chased him for about 20 to 30 second and then he stopped looked back at the drone like he was going to charge it and then changed his mind and ran some more.

I also had a lab chase it at the beach about the same altitude and a few times that dog almost got it so I took it up a couple of feet. Everybody was loving the show except my friend that owned the dog because he thought the dog would pass out from exhaustion even though he shoots a tennis ball with a 22 shell 80yrds or further and has his dog go fetch it. :rolleyes:

Any of ya'll mess with animals with the mav?

I'm sure you're aware that all cows are 'shes', not 'hes'.

There are worse behaviours in the world than distressing animals with your toys. But you don't set a very good example in this forum. The next droner who comes along to that location and flies without bothering anyone, might encounter some of the people who saw what you did, and might react against the sensible droner's presence.

Maybe the authorities will feel inclined to introduce a maturity test for new droners

Must be, can't believe (that despite all the craziness on here) that someone would actually be proud of this. Makes crashing on the Sydney harbor bridge almost seem normal!

Reactions: TrayBoz
Although I don't condone this type of behavior. He does bring up a good point about herding some stray cattle with a drone on a working ranch. Could be a useful option for some ranchers. Like it or not, it's a part of ranching.
don't tell a snow flake that they thing moving cow is animal cruelty. Bet they really hate 4 wheelers and motorcycles.

I chased a Field mouse around that I found mowing my field. Then he meet my boot.

Video of the cow or it didn't happen :)

Congratulations on harassing wildlife.

The issue (at least this time of year in the US) is that the cow may have a calf. By separating them, the calf may not find the mother and die. Perhaps not in your case but this is why its a crime in most areas. This is weighted against your satisfaction of seeing a cow running scared. Personally, I don't see the pleasure in that.

P.S. Removing myself from this thread as I suspect it's simply a troll post.
i love when people do drop by negative post and then run off like a cow being chased by a drone :D

Yes, i am aware that cows have calves since my dad made me raise cows my whole teenage surfing life. But I also know that cows still run with babies in them too. I have also seen pregnant women on a treadmill. And I have never seen a pregnant cow or women semi run 20 seconds and lose a calf or baby and if they have and you cite sources i'll bow down. But you can't because it's stupid cows would even have calf on cattle drives.

So I am trying to figure what damage ya'll think chasing a cow for 20 seconds is going to do to the cow? Is she going to need to a cow shrink to cope with stress or what. I mean who are some of you people? There is a chance that your drone might fall out of the sky and hurt somebody do you really think ya'll should be taking that chance just so you video some sunsets?

Follow these then, the goat shrink here is mandatory :)

Reactions: Blades
I wonder how many people who have posted to this thread will be eating a Hamburger this week?

Fun yes, but don't do this please unless the owner buys into it. The cow is worth several thousand dollars, and they can and do injure themselves when harassed.

Reactions: TrayBoz
Follow these then, the goat shrink here is mandatory :)
LOL i remember one time my dad was such a nut he had a bunch of goats to get the ag exemption. The whole family wne to see him for Christmas and my sister's husband just bought a new escalade and them dang goats were all over the hood and the top of it. That would have been my ride I would have learned to like cabrito. (sp)

I wonder how many people who have posted to this thread will be eating a Hamburger this week?
don't be talking common sense man. It's ok to kill and eat the suckers but don't be chasing the poor dumb animals with a drone. It's sooo funny it's ridiculous.

Just some more ammunition for the authorities to load in the ever-increasing drive to have our expensive toys banned. I took a plane trip yesterday and shared some landscape footage with a lady next to me from a Mavic forum poster - you wouldn't believe the acid response I received. Her perception of drones wouldn't be changed no matter what I said. Know that the public in general don't view our beloved drones in the same light as we do - your behaviour however inane you may think it was, could and probably will help tip the scales to have them banned one day soon. Just by reading your posts - you don't sound like someone who has the responsible attitude needed to operate a UAV.

Reactions: Lou and TrayBoz

You might think this is a clever remark, and you might also think nobody else has thought of that, but you're missing the point. The OP's gloating post is the kind of behaviour many of us in here try to avoid. In a world where people are still suspicious of drone users, and occasionally intolerant of us, we try our best to act responsibly, and be SEEN to be acting responsibly. To behave in the way he described is one thing, but to then feel the need to come on here and gleefully regale us with his boys-with-toys story, and not expect us to react to it, is quite another.

If its not your cow leave it alone, if it was mine and I wanted to chase it I would but someone elses cow nope. Same goes for wild life, if I seen wild life id observe it from a safe distance..

Reactions: Blades
Just some more ammunition for the authorities to load in the ever-increasing drive to have our expensive toys banned. I took a plane trip yesterday and shared some landscape footage with a lady next to me from a Mavic forum poster - you wouldn't believe the acid response I received. Her perception of drones wouldn't be changed no matter what I said. Know that the public in general don't view our beloved drones in the same light as we do - your behaviour however inane you may think it was, could and probably will help tip the scales to have them banned one day soon. Just by reading your posts - you don't sound like someone who has the responsible attitude needed to operate a UAV.
you're right I saw a bunch of drone hating people, cops, fbi, homeland security, cia and two dozen more agencies observing me chase a cow for 20 seconds in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!! you probably don't need a drone because it's too exciting for you you should go back to knitting with the women at the nursing home.

If its not your cow leave it alone, if it was mine and I wanted to chase it I would but someone elses cow nope. Same goes for wild life, if I seen wild life id observe it from a safe distance..
why not chase wildlife? What if it was your wildlife on your ranch? And btw you know helicopters have been used in chasing wildlife and hunting them for years.

What a class act. He has no contrition whatsoever. He now resorts to hurling insults at forum members. I think we all know what we need to do with this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian