DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check-in from Athens, Greece

Hexagon

Reactions
Greetings from Athens, Greece,

after 2 and a half months, my Mavic arrived today and I am picking it up from a store near by this afternoon. Really cant wait for the moment. It is my second drone, I used to fly a P3 Standard which was pretty amazing. After quite a lot of research I had a few cheap modes which gave me the opportunity to reach 2.500 meters of happy flying. I sold it after 6 months in order to get the mavic.

Same scenario as soon as I get the mavic on my hands, Firmware update if available, IMU, Compass and other calibrations as well as a few hours on the simulator to test it before starting to fly it outside.

Happy flying to everyone!

Reactions: makalu and dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Hexagon
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

just got it, currently it is under charging state, both rc and bird... GOD it is a beauty... awesome design, extremely compact, nice packaging...I was very much amazed by the feeling and quality of the remote control as well as the gimbal and camera.... THUMBS UP!!

Welcome to one of the few Athenian Mavics [emoji4][emoji6] καλωσόρισες

Enjoy your stay! There's plenty of great info here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

full charge, check, latest fw install, check, guick guide as well as full guide reading in depth, check twice (also found a typo), playing with the simulator, check...

the only thing that did not blow my mind was the battery of the remote control... it is discharging quite quickly compared to the rc of my old p3s, but seems logical...

Hey hexagon...nice that you got it...I've been waiting for mine to arrive since 4 janurary but still no info... From witch store did you get it from?

Hey hexagon...nice that you got it...I've been waiting for mine to arrive since 4 janurary but still no info... From witch store did you get it from?
plaisio my friend. They told me there was a quite big waiting list when I pre-ordered it a few months ago. I did not get mine on the first major shipping package but I was lucky enough to get it 15 days after, when the second shipping package arrived. I have another friend waiting for it through another store (kotsovolos) and he is also in a big waiting list....

I pre orderd mine from kotsovolo too the fly more combo..I spoke to the manager and told me that by the end of this month to call him and see if some have arrived but I got a feeling that I'll get bad news...από 4 Γενάρη μου λένε τέλος του μηνός κ φτάνουμε Απρίλη...άστα...είσαι από τους τυχερούς.

Reactions: makalu
I pre orderd mine from kotsovolo too the fly more combo..I spoke to the manager and told me that by the end of this month to call him and see if some have arrived but I got a feeling that I'll get bad news...από 4 Γενάρη μου λένε τέλος του μηνός κ φτάνουμε Απρίλη...άστα...είσαι από τους τυχερούς.
I got the standard package, not the combo, call him and ask for the standard package if this arrives first. You can enjoy flying with one battery for starters and you can buy another one later on. You can also order one to plaisio via phone. They dont ask for prepayment or deposit while you can cancel it if mavic arrives from the other store first...

Greetings from Athens, Greece,

after 2 and a half months, my Mavic arrived today and I am picking it up from a store near by this afternoon. Really cant wait for the moment. It is my second drone, I used to fly a P3 Standard which was pretty amazing. After quite a lot of research I had a few cheap modes which gave me the opportunity to reach 2.500 meters of happy flying. I sold it after 6 months in order to get the mavic.

Same scenario as soon as I get the mavic on my hands, Firmware update if available, IMU, Compass and other calibrations as well as a few hours on the simulator to test it before starting to fly it outside.

Happy flying to everyone!

Hello Hexagon, I am coming to Thessaloniki at the end of March for a week - any tips on flying in Greece?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580