DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check in from Geneva, Switzerland

WheelzWorld

Reactions
First drone for me. When I saw the mavic I was pretty much sold except for the fact that users say 60fps is bad... But heck, let's practice on this beast before getting hopefully a inspire3 or mavic2 for better sports filming [emoji51]

Was "lucky enough" to get the last mavic combo available in Switzerland so no wait for me! (but a few more bucks for this advantage...)

~2h of simulation before deciding to actually fly it & on the second day I'm already riding on my electric unicycle driving the mavic backwards (custom joystick to help me) in forest while filming my self. Of course trying to do everything at once... TCHACK a propeller touched a tiny branch before I had the reflex of pressing PAUSE...

It was slow and low so only superficial mark (?)
da3222afb984a5554c4c8bb7c7725a2a.jpg

I ordered the prop cages (I know, super expensive...) so i can be more reckless in the future.

My goal is really to fly it between tries and get cool shots in the forest. I hope I'm not aiming for the stars here... Practicing with waypoints or any APP you'll advise me is probably the way to go.

I have so many questions!! After double checking if it hasn't been asked, should I create tons of topics or make a list...? [emoji28]

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Not possible to edit posts? (sorry for my bad English)

Edit: on my phone i actually have to select my message to see the option... sorry!

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

No possible to edit posts?
Click the "Edit" button underneath your post to edit it.

After double checking if it hasn't been asked, should I create tones of topics or make a list...?
It would be best to create separate topics if your questions are unrelated.

new to forums lol. lucky your from Switzerland.
I've seen a guy on youtube chop mavic's propellers in half and it still flew solid, so looking at that picture, i think your good.
worst thing that can happen is one or more of the 3 tabs that hold the prop in break

Id give you some lecture about not using the follow mode on yourself whilst riding your bike, just out the box, But it's your mavic

AFAIK the prop cage is meant basically for hovering only or "tripod mode-like" speeds i.e. <5km/h.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Thanks guys.

About the propeller, i know it's not a big deal but was wondering if it could affect the motor compared to other if i fly it like that for long...

About the cages, i guess they say that for warranty but it should still work ok much faster no...?

P.S. i didn't dare drive the mavic in follow mode in the forest, i drove it myself (much more stable in standard mode when driving between tries), advantage of beeing hands free on an EUC hehe...

I'd definitely replace that prop before flying again. It's not worth risking your entire Mavic.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!Thumbswayup

Reactions: WheelzWorld
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair