DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check-in from Saint-Petersburg, Russia

aivnaov3

Reactions
Hello,
After several years of "thinking of buy on off these", I finally got Mavic last Saturday as my first ever drone.
Looking forward for weakeboard season to start and practicing meanwhile.
Already feel sorry not to go for Combo one...

Regards,
Anton

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Hello,
After several years of "thinking of buy on off these", I finally got Mavic last Saturday as my first ever drone.
Looking forward for weakeboard season to start and practicing meanwhile.
Already feel sorry not to go for Combo one...

Regards,
Anton

Did you fly in St Petersburg? any issues with customs? I'm US citizen looking to bring my Mavic into St. Petersburg on trip. I don't think I will fly because I'm too freaked out by the laws and international implementations. Any advice on getting through customs?

Did you fly in St Petersburg? any issues with customs? I'm US citizen looking to bring my Mavic into St. Petersburg on trip. I don't think I will fly because I'm too freaked out by the laws and international implementations. Any advice on getting through customs?

I never heard about any issues with bringing drone in and out Russia. Also there is no clear working legislation in power except that any drone heavier than 30kilos should be registered at aviation authority.

In Saint-Petersburg everybody are fling everywhere. However in Moscow, for example, around Red Square GPS signal is "faked" by security systems so even car navigation system go mad, showing that you are at nearest airport (NFZ).

So my opinion: you can come and bring you mavic to enjoy best city in Russia bird view.

Regards,
Anton

Reactions: Myha
Anton, we are travelling to Crimea via Moscow in a few weeks time from the UK. I have a Mavic Pro. If I follow all the usual publicized advice about carrying discharged LiPo's in LiPo protected bags, etc., etc., am I likely to run into any problems in Moscow with Security? I am travelling with Aeroflot and none of their "Dangerous Goods" pages mention Drones. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anton, we are travelling to Crimea via Moscow in a few weeks time from the UK. I have a Mavic Pro. If I follow all the usual publicized advice about carrying discharged LiPo's in LiPo protected bags, etc., etc., am I likely to run into any problems in Moscow with Security? I am travelling with Aeroflot and none of their "Dangerous Goods" pages mention Drones. Any advice would be appreciated.
Myha,
First of all I hope you and your family are safe.
Sorry for later reply. I cannot expect any problem bringing your Mavic in to check in luggage.
However if we refer to Aeroflot rules (Security screening | Aeroflot) there is special section related to batteries. For batteries up-to 100Wh (Mavic case), rules are following:
"Carry-on luggage:
  • Allowed inside the equipment;
  • Spare batteries must be individually protected in such a way as to prevent short circuits (for example, by means of retail packaging, taping over exposed terminals or placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective package).

In checked baggage:

• Must be inside the equipment;
  • Measures should be taken to prevent their spontaneous actuation;
  • It is forbidden to transport spare batteries (not inserted in the equipment)."
Regards,
Anton

Reactions: Myha
Myha,
First of all I hope you and your family are safe.
Sorry for later reply. I cannot expect any problem bringing your Mavic in to check in luggage.
However if we refer to Aeroflot rules (Security screening | Aeroflot) there is special section related to batteries. For batteries up-to 100Wh (Mavic case), rules are following:
"Carry-on luggage:
  • Allowed inside the equipment;
  • Spare batteries must be individually protected in such a way as to prevent short circuits (for example, by means of retail packaging, taping over exposed terminals or placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective package).

In checked baggage:

• Must be inside the equipment;
  • Measures should be taken to prevent their spontaneous actuation;
  • It is forbidden to transport spare batteries (not inserted in the equipment)."
Regards,
Anton
Thank you Anton. This is my understanding also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121