DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check your apple stores

just picked one up at the Apple Store in Waukesha, WI
I have a concern that some of these dealers will be getting their product but selling them on eBay or other sources for more money as I've seen them go on eBay for over $2000 what do you think

The Apple guy that worked there said it was a total surprise they got one. They didn't have any batteries but they had extra props

Guys, calling the Apple Store or checking the "in stock" feature via the Apple site isn't the best way to score. If you're fortunate enough to live near an Apple Store go there in person. I scored 3 Mavics that way from 3 separate stores.

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
Guys, calling the Apple Store or checking the "in stock" feature via the Apple site isn't the best way to score. If you're fortunate enough to live near an Apple Store go there in person. I scored 3 Mavics that way from 3 separate stores.
How in the world would they have 3, when you call them, they check, and then tell you they have none in stock, do they magically appear ? Or do they just say, **** these people calling in, I'm gonna give the Mavics to the walk ins. Doesn't make sense, and somewhat hard to believe.

How in the world would they have 3, when you call them, they check, and then tell you they have none in stock, do they magically appear ? Or do they just say, **** these people calling in, I'm gonna give the Mavics to the walk ins. Doesn't make sense, and somewhat hard to believe.
The 1st one I bought in NYC (SOHO APPLE), that 1 was displayed as "in stock" via website. The 2nd one I went to Apple in Cherry Hill, NJ, website said "out of stock". I asked the salesman to check and he said there was 1, but the box was dented and wouldn't sell as per policy. I told him that I didn't care and bought it. The 3rd 1 I bought 20 minutes later at Marlton,NJ Apple, the UPS delivery truck was 3 of them as I arrived. I was also at 2 other Apple stores today and both times I was told that people were waiting for the store to open in order to score 1.

He said "3 separate stores". People are saying the website inventory isn't reliable because if the only have 1 it won't show up. I got lucky and found a store that showed availability online but if all your nearby stores show none it's worth a check.

Also on all 3 occasions I tried to buy the display model and struck out all 3 times.

i also bought one at my local apple store (sugar land, tx) yesterday... just tried my luck walking in. when i spoke with the salesperson, he said that any apple store will not show availability on any item they are selling in store if they have less than 5 (five) items in stock.

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
The 1st one I bought in NYC (SOHO APPLE), that 1 was displayed as "in stock" via website. The 2nd one I went to Apple in Cherry Hill, NJ, website said "out of stock". I asked the salesman to check and he said there was 1, but the box was dented and wouldn't sell as per policy. I told him that I didn't care and bought it. The 3rd 1 I bought 20 minutes later at Marlton,NJ Apple, the UPS delivery truck was 3 of them as I arrived. I was also at 2 other Apple stores today and both times I was told that people were waiting for the store to open in order to score 1.
I grabbed the other one at SOHO!

Well...you guys got better luck than me. I've been to two apple stores today in DFW and got the same story...some props and a display but no drone for sale.

What do you need 3 Mavics for ? Are you selling them to needy buyers at a huge markup ? If so, bravo sir, good hustle going to all of those stores. BTW, would you be willing to sell one in person ? If so PM me.

Man... I just flew out of Charlotte yesterday and thought about seeing how much of a detour it would've been to get to the Apple Store there. :-(
I got the only one between two stores so I doubt you missed anything!

I was just at the Novi store tonight. They had them in stock. Too bad I ordered direct from Dji back in October. I probably won't see mine till xmas.

Woah! Seriously? I called Dearborn and summerset today and they had none. Did you see some in novi today? I'll head out there in the morning so I can finally cancel my DJI order.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout