DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy video on my phone when flying drone close by.

Maxonio

Reactions
Getting some choppiness when flying my drone close by with direct line of sight. Maybe some magnetic interference? When i check recorded video, there is no choppiness..

Anyone else experiencing same issue?

Putting my phone into airplane mode has solved it for me

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Thanks. I was having similar issues and will give this a try.

I was also getting tired of all the notifications that kept popping up and had thought about turning them off. Airplane mode is much simpler.

I was watching all the traffic in and out of the DJI Go app yesterday. It sends your location and external device info to DJI, and downloads the Airmap data. It also verifies the drone and remote control activation status with DJI. Apparently DJI has the ability to remotely deactivate your drone. I hope their activation server (active.dji.com) doesn't get hacked.

So airplane mode may not be too smart? I'm having issues with video quality.... the Mavic records it to sd fine.... but my phone is showing laggy choppy pixilated picture... so is there a setting I can fiddle with? so far I have it NOT recording to the phones memory....but not sure what else to mess with....had it all of 3 days now... still trying to figure it out.

So airplane mode may not be too smart? I'm having issues with video quality.... the Mavic records it to sd fine.... but my phone is showing laggy choppy pixilated picture... so is there a setting I can fiddle with? so far I have it NOT recording to the phones memory....but not sure what else to mess with....had it all of 3 days now... still trying to figure it out.
+1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett