DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy video while rotating left and right.

Has anyone had choppy video while rotating left and right. If so is there a fix.

• Is it the gimbal?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is it the Software

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

SmackMan

Reactions
Has anyone had choppy video while rotating left and right. If so is there a fix. video settings were, 4K 24fps but also does it in 30fps. Im using MOV "Mac Pro". NTSC "US". Custom white balance depending on the weather. Style custom -1, -1, 0. Color D-Cinelike. Exposure is set on auto. Anti-flicker 60Hz "US". Peak Focus Threshold is 90%. Other than that I'm not sure whats going on. Also I have tried a gimbal calibration It fails 3-4 times before it finally is able to pass it. Which seems odd. Had to just the gimbal roll -0.3. to be flat. Also firmware is up to date. Thanks for the help.

My understanding is that its down the combination of shutter speed and frame rate, to achieve smoother results you need a shutter speed at around 2x the frame rate 1/50S for 24fps and 1/60S for 30fps... The problem is that at that speed the camera lets to much light in on most occasions which is why people choose to add ND and Polarizing filters that cut down the amount of light entering the camera. Search for filters and you'll find a bunch of posts talking about the different options that could help you with this issue.

My understanding is that its down the combination of shutter speed and frame rate, to achieve smoother results you need a shutter speed at around 2x the frame rate 1/50S for 24fps and 1/60S for 30fps... The problem is that at that speed the camera lets to much light in on most occasions which is why people choose to add ND and Polarizing filters that cut down the amount of light entering the camera. Search for filters and you'll find a bunch of posts talking about the different options that could help you with this issue.

Thanks I do have ND filters on the way. I will try some different settings as you suggested and compare the results.

I think ND filters will definitely help, just get your shutter speed to 100 or less for sure. Also, you are panning too quickly. Even your slowest pan is borderline too quick. You need at least 60fps to manage the speed you're panning I think. It sure is pretty where you are filming!

Thanks I do have ND filters on the way. I will try some different settings as you suggested and compare the results.

I have been experiencing the same problem since I've received my Mavic in January. My settings are about the same as yours, and I'm using ND filters, however I still have the choppy video effect. Did you ever figure out what the problem is? Please let me know

Thanks,

I have been experiencing the same problem since I've received my Mavic in January. My settings are about the same as yours, and I'm using ND filters, however I still have the choppy video effect. Did you ever figure out what the problem is? Please let me know

Thanks,
I called DJI and ended up sending them my choppy video. They wanted me to send it back to them for repair. They ended up sending me a new one. Seems to be working better now and I am using ND filters. Occasionally I will still get a choppy recording. Not sure if it's. How the Mavic is recording to the Micro SD. Or if it my computers having trouble prossessing it. Any I would start by contacting customer service and the sending them you video. Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf