DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic Settings in DJI GO 4

DroneTone

Reactions
Just now setting up my new Mavic and decided to use DJI GO 4 exclusively for the Mavic and use an older version of GO for my Phantom 3 Pro.

In the past I've enjoyed using the cinematic settings mentioned in this thread for better video with my Phantom 3 Pro and GO 2.8.1.
It definitely makes everything smoother in flight and more enjoyable video.

However, in DJI GO 4, while setting up my new Mavic for more cinematic settings, I noticed some of the menu parameters for flight and gimbal control
are different from those shown in the previous video (which uses an older version of GO) in this thread.

When I tried to set the same cinematic parameters in DJI GO 4, I noticed some menu settings have been renamed compared to older GO versions.
In other settings, the value range for a flight parameter is different in GO 4 compared to older GO versions, making the value used in the older GO not equivalent in GO 4.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this and created an updated cinematic settings for DJI GO 4.

I've attached some screenshots of my current flight settings in GO 4, in which each parameter also shows the available settings range.
Obviously, this was done with the aircraft connected.

Flight Control Sensitivity Settings Questions:
1. What is "Yaw Movement Limit"? (Settings range: 50-250) Is this the equivalent of the former "Yaw Endpoint" setting?
Previously the recommended setting for Yaw Endpoint was 40, but this number is not available under Yaw Movement Limit. What would be an equivalent setting?
2. I notice the "Brake" range is also different, now being 50-200 with a default of 130. Any recommended change to this parameter?
3. Under EXP Settings, when is "Gentle" or "Normal" used in flight? What causes the Mavic to switch from one mode to the other, maybe current flight speed?
Is the "Gentle" or "Normal" flight mode user selectable?

Camera Settings Questions:
1. What is "Peak Focus Threshold"? Available settings are: None, 70%, 80% and 90%. Default is: None.
2. What should "Gimbal Pitch Buffer" be set to? (Settings range: 0-30) What is this determining? Default is: 10.

Thanks for any ideas...

Attachments

• Sensitivity Settings.JPG
    Sensitivity Settings.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • EXP Settings.JPG
    EXP Settings.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • Gain Settings.JPG
    Gain Settings.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • Misc Settings.JPG
    Misc Settings.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • Advanced Gimbal Settings.JPG
    Advanced Gimbal Settings.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
Yes I have watched that video, but in the newer version of DJI GO, version 4, several parameter settings don't use the same range of values as settings in the video.
Some values mentioned in the video are even out of range compared to what is available to be set in GO version 4.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
they are just labeled a little differently. Before Go 3 was updated, I use it to check the naming, and was able to get it translated over to 4. Takes some thought and some trial/error, so just go experiment. If you are always spoon-fed, you never learn to eat on your own. I made the changes, and noticed a difference.

Sorry, that's not correct. The differences are more than changing the names of a few parameters.
As far s being "spoon-fed"... I'm happy to go out and experiment flying to find the right setting values,
but the ground being snow-covered here with temps in the 20s-30s I am not as excited to go out and search by trial and error.

Reactions: LynchMob
Sorry, that's not correct. The differences are more than changing the names of a few parameters.
As far s being "spoon-fed"... I'm happy to go out and experiment flying to find the right setting values,
but the ground being snow-covered here with temps in the 20s-30s I am not as excited to go out and search by trial and error.
Another person with a brain. WELL said.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803