DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarification: DJI Refresh and Buying a Mavic from a Third Party

Former Member

Reactions
***UPDATE***Please read the bottom post. You can qualify for Refresh even after the Mav has been activated more than 48 hours***

I am not an authorized DJI dealer, and Ive sold a bunch of Mavics online. I have always told the new buyer that the drone will qualify for DJI refresh as long as it has not been activated. It does not need to be bought from an authorized dealer to qualify for DJI Refresh. Receiving a Mavic gift is the same thing, as long as it has not been activated, you qualify for Refresh. I have this in writing from DJI.

Every one of them that I have sold have bought the refresh package immediately after activating them without incident.

Last edited:
Yup, that's as I understand it. Well, they can buy Refresh within 48 hours of first registering it.

I too have sold a few and nobody has had any issues..

Reactions: Former Member
I bought a Mavic from Amazon and after receiving it and activating I bought the refresh from an "authorized dji dealer on ebay. he never sent the activation code even after repeated emails asking for it. By the time he responded my 48 hrs. had expired. I asked him if he was a dealer surely he knew about the time constraint. he said he was busy and sorry and would I like a refund which I got but I emailed dji after failing to get them on chat and explained the situation and gave them the dealers dji license # and name. they have yet to respond. I asked the ebay seller to tell dji what happened because it was no fault of mine, totally the dealer and maybe they would make an exception. have not heard back from him. I know about the video verification but I feel like I shouldn't have to do that. If it was on me that's 1 thing but their authorized dealer. he should not be selling if he can't do what he is supposed to. just my opinion. oh yeah, after he refunded my money I thought maybe that cancelled the activation. nope, can't buy it online at dji store so tough luck chuck....

From what i have seen on the dji forum it is very easy to purchase refresh when outside of the 48 hr window ... you just go via support with your synced flight record and a small flight video.

I bought a Mavic from Amazon and after receiving it and activating I bought the refresh from an "authorized dji dealer on ebay. he never sent the activation code even after repeated emails asking for it. By the time he responded my 48 hrs. had expired. I asked him if he was a dealer surely he knew about the time constraint. he said he was busy and sorry and would I like a refund which I got but I emailed dji after failing to get them on chat and explained the situation and gave them the dealers dji license # and name. they have yet to respond. I asked the ebay seller to tell dji what happened because it was no fault of mine, totally the dealer and maybe they would make an exception. have not heard back from him. I know about the video verification but I feel like I shouldn't have to do that. If it was on me that's 1 thing but their authorized dealer. he should not be selling if he can't do what he is supposed to. just my opinion. oh yeah, after he refunded my money I thought maybe that cancelled the activation. nope, can't buy it online at dji store so tough luck chuck....

What date did you activate it?

You shouldnt give up that easily. It wasnt your fault, so contact DJI by phone and chat. Thats what I do and they are usually pretty good (lately) about giving you a grace period as long as you havent crashed it yet. I was #32 on the list the other day and had to wait on hold, but the rep I got helped me with my problem.

If DJI says no, the worst case scenario, tell the eBay dealer that you want to return the drone for a refund. Paypal is usually pretty sympathetic to buyers who have been neglected by eBay sellers.

"Tough luck Chuck" be darned in my book.

To clarify proof of purchase is not needed to execute the refresh? Just needs to be activated within 48hrs correct?

Yes it needs to be activated within 48 hours but there are exceptions. Sometimes they give you up to a week or two if you haven't flown it or broken it yet. You just have to follow the procedures. I'll look for a link later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes it needs to be activated within 48 hours but there are exceptions. Sometimes they give you up to a week or two if you haven't flown it or broken it yet. You just have to follow the procedures. I'll look for a link later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app
Thanks! I noticed you started a similar thread and its kind of my situation. Bought mine new on Kijiji and registered/activated within the 48 hrs but now need to use it and the form they sent asks for the purchase source and they ask for invoice.... Wanted to make sure this is not going to be a problem...

You can buy Refresh after the 48 hours window under certain circumstances. I hope to save alot of people here alot of money with this tip.

Go here first

Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro) | DJI Store

then click on lower right corner:

"Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click here to learn how."

Watch the video and comply with the requirements and you can get Refresh after the 24 48 hour post-registration window has expired.

re: Mavic Refresh ~ purchased after 48 hours from activation time

Tip :
When purchasing after the 48 window ...
watch their 'verification video'; and download the list
of items they want clearly shown in your video.
The video can be shot on your smart phone etc,
as long as the Serial Numbers and the Flight
data display on your smartphone ( for 120m high and 200m distance ) are clearly
seen on the video. They ask to have the video
uploaded to YouTube; then send them the link. They
also ask for 'no editing'. I was a little casual about the video
and they requested it be re-sent because those items weren't clear.
A real PITA but given the Mavic cost, it sure seems worth the time it takes
to get DJI's insurance ... State Farm looks like a reasonable supplemental policy too .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darksebius