DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarification on NFZ's

kd0bik

Reactions
I have searched and I have read many threads pertaining to no fly zones. I still have just a little confusion and would rather ask my question here (even at the risk of being told I didn't search enough) than run into an issue with the FAA and cause harm to our hobby.

I have downloaded/installed both the B4UFly and AirMap apps. I have also compared each to Hivemapper | 3D map for drone fliers. I have read here where folks suggest AirMap is the more accurate app over B4UFly and I'm planning only on using AirMap. But here's my question

When I view the map screen on AirMap for my general area, I see the orange/yellow colored circles around the various airports in my area. I live in southern portion of Denver and my nearest airport is KAPA. My physical "home" address is within the yellow shaded circle within the KAPA airspace.

When I move around within the AirMap screen view (especially within the yellow shaded area) I see in most of the areas listed as Advisories. For example, the majority of Cherry Creek State Park is within the yellow shaded circle (especially the little R/C airfield).

However, as I move my focus area closer to the actual KAPA airport, the app shows this as Flight Restrictly Regulated and the top of the app turns red.

Just as a point of reference only, the map on Hivemapper and the purple shaded area around KAPA doesn't extend as far north as it does on AirMap and the little R/C airfield at Cherry Creek State Park is outside of the shaded area.

So my questions are....

When using AirMap, do I absolutely avoid any/all of the areas within the yellow/orange shaded circle? Or, am I OK with flying within the area still shaded in yellow but showing as advisories (pending I don't fly over the actual advisory listed locations?

Again, I have searched and I have read threads. But I would rather ask for better clarification than make an assumption and get in trouble and cause a blemish on our hobby.

Thank you for your time.

Jerry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS