DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold Weather Flying - Wind Glove for Controller?

crbalch

Reactions
I recently came across something like this: Turnigy Transmitter Muff - Black and was wondering if anyone on here has purchased something similar for the Mavic. I fly in the cold, and gloves are a bit too cumbersome for all the controls/size of the Mavic controller.

Can anyone suggest what they use for flying in the cold and keeping your hands warm?

Thanks

thinking a stylus and thin gloves may do fine for me... in Minneapolis Minnesota.

Reactions: crbalch
I already tried it on -22 C. It worked just fine but you need to find a way to keep the battery and Hands warm before and while flying. Good luck!

I really, really feel the cold!

-22C - my hands were frozen today at 0C flying out on the moors in England.

I use these gloves for flying - which are think enough for some warmth but not too thick to fly with:

extremities X touch glove - Terra Nova Equipment

Also I wear a down jacket.

Even then my hands feel cold!

I wish I could find a way to have warmer hands but a glove any thicker would stop me me flying.

They have made all kinds of those muffs for a long time. Don't worry about fashion.

This one looks like a larger window, big enough for phone+controller flying.

yfeHIfS.jpg

Amazon.com: Hand Warmer Warm Mitt RC Transmitter Radio Glove Winter Cold Air Shield Hood for DJI DT7 Remote Control Spektrum DX6i etc: Camera & Photo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54