DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold Weather Storage?

Abruptum5

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

New to this forum. I just had a quick question about storing my Mavic in my car over night when the weather drops down to 0 degrees F. I am curious whether or not this can damage the unit. I am not talking about about flying it in these temperatures, just storing in the car over night. I can usually warm the device up long before powering it on. I am curious what peoples opinions are as to whether or not this is harmful.

Who you hiding it from? LOL .. I would probably try to find a way to bring it in at night because you don't want those LiPo's going through all that stress of being cold and then having to warm up too quickly and doing it over and over again. Just my opinion.

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum. I just had a quick question about storing my Mavic in my car over night when the weather drops down to 0 degrees F. I am curious whether or not this can damage the unit. I am not talking about about flying it in these temperatures, just storing in the car over night. I can usually warm the device up long before powering it on. I am curious what peoples opinions are as to whether or not this is harmful.

It's not harmful to the electronics in general to be that cold. The optics could form condensate but that's true for anything glass that goes from warm to cold.
The batteries will be fine, they are not adversely affected by cold, at least as far as lifespan goes. They won't hold as much charge cold, so warm 'em up before you use them.

Who you hiding it from? LOL .. I would probably try to find a way to bring it in at night because you don't want those LiPo's going through all that stress of being cold and then having to warm up too quickly and doing it over and over again. Just my opinion.

Not hiding from anyone. I just never know when I am going to want to use it so I store it in my car for convenience.

Not hiding from anyone. I just never know when I am going to want to use it so I store it in my car for convenience.

Couple things to consider as a new pilot? If you store your batteries in the car and it's freezing, your degrading the performance of that battery. If you're flying with fresh batteries (meaning fully charged), you could be asking for trouble, like quick voltage drops, etc. It just makes more sense to keep your mavic and batteries in a more stable environment and if you know you're going to be flying, just top off your batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s