DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Combine Active Track and Terrain Follow?!?

Cutaway

Reactions
Can't fathom why DJI did not combine these two modes? I'm guessing it was too much for the on-board computer to do both...

From what I've read and seen online they do work together.
I tried the Active Track. While running up a hill, it did NOT change altitude as documented in the manual. For a split second I thought it was...but I think it was adjusting the distance.

Then I tried the Terrain Follow. I misunderstood the "Follow" word in this feature. It's not following a subject! LOL It's following the terrain and maintaining set altitude.

That's why I think DJI needs to combine the two features.

I tried the Active Track. While running up a hill, it did NOT change altitude as documented in the manual. For a split second I thought it was...but I think it was adjusting the distance.

Then I tried the Terrain Follow. I misunderstood the "Follow" word in this feature. It's not following a subject! LOL It's following the terrain and maintaining set altitude.

That's why I think DJI needs to combine the two features.

I'd have to self test then because everything I've seen online the mavic maintains a specific height in active track so if the subject ascends then the mavic does the same to maintain that distance; whereas the follow me mode wouldn't.

Many have asked about that. No idea if that will come in an update, if there's a good reason for it not to be the case, or if they want to keep that for the next model to "encourage" people to upgrade...

Reactions: Cutaway
I believe you are correct that they cannot be used together. If you're willing to spend the money ($30), Autopilot can do this. Just beware, the new version of DJI firmware (.05) messed up a bunch of third-party apps including Autopilot and Litchi. Autopilot is working on a fix which I assume will be out shortly.

Reactions: Cutaway
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO