DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Companies can be so utterly clueless

Raptorman

Reactions
I just received the new Panasonic G85 M43 4K camera and went on the Panasonic website to see if there were any firmware updates for it. First I check in camera and the camera reports the body is at Ver.1.0 and the lens, the kit 12-60mm lens, is listed at ver.1.1. OK, so I go to the website and they list the current firmware version for the body as ... wait for it ... "Sep 28, 2016". That's right, they list the firmware version as a number in the camera and as a date on the website with absolutely no other comments relating the two.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice... I was looking at that camera too.. can you please post a test for video.. and how the auto focus works.. was reading about some panning issues too ... appreciate the feedback and congrats

Nice... I was looking at that camera too.. can you please test it for video.. and how the auto focus works.. appreciate it.. and congrats

Yes, I've done some testing and plan to go outside to get some 4K footage tomorrow. I might have something to upload in a day or two.

I still have a 5 year old GH2 and a number of lenses for it (Panasonic 7-14 f/4, Panasonic 14-140 f/3.5-5.6, Panasonic 100-300 f/4-5.6) as well as some of the M43 lenses I use for my Inspire 1 Pro drone (Olympus 12mm f/2, DJI 15mm f/1.7, Olympus 25mm f/1.8 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8). I'll probably take some video and still with the 12-60mm kit lens as well as some of the other lenses.

Brian

Reactions: dam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143