DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass and IMU calibration

swk

Reactions
So after reading multiple diff posts about this what is your feeling on this situation.new mavic out of the box should I do both compass and IMU or do neither unless prompted or one or the other? And by the way this mavic is running the new software that up until this point has not been released it is only in new one arriving in like the last week and that is the.300 version. Thanks for the input!!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I would not do the calibration out of the box unless there is a prompt to do so.

As I have had it out only one time mainly because of outdoor temps 12deg it did not prompt me for any updates or calibration so I will fly it until it asks

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

There's too much obsession with calibrations around here. People often don't realize that you're more likely to introduce errors during a calibration than fix them. I'll take DJI's controlled conditions, factory calibration over anything I can do myself at home. Only calibrate if prompted to by the software, and even then, try a reboot first to confirm it's a genuine calibration issue.

I did the calibration. The gimbal calibration I would do as it can get bumped around. That's really about it unless you get erratic behavior or your prompted to do so. I agree many are obsessed

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Never did a calibration of any kind, and won't unless prompted or something is unusual.
Check all of your sensor statuses before flying, on the opening screen and then your joystick positions for zero. Then confirm your compass heading on the map. If all is normal you shouldn't need to calibrate.

Reactions: Launchpad McQuack
Ok
I just got my mavic couple weeks back, controller goes from "connecting" to "mag interf check prog" no matter the location. I finally got ahold of DJI and they tell me to
IMU, Gimbel and compass calibration and also do a RC calibration.
Im totally lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair