DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass erratic when flying forward full throttle or in Sport mode

Palliz

Reactions
Anyone have this problem - flying back home full throttle the compass ( which I use ALL the time ) goes crazy until ease up on the gas & goes right back to normal? Also happens in Sport mode - until easing up on the throttle & back to normal again?

Reactions: Tanis
interested in this one. This happened to me today too. Up to date software, In an open field and compass calibrated before flight. There were no problems with the flight before or after the error message. And to be honest I missed the notification. I only saw it reviewing my flight log later. But it was in sport mode full throttle.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Same here.

Anybody else having this problem?

Last edited:
same here....newest firmware....and just noticed it today when flying full throttle in sport mode.....would be interested to see if anyone else does.....mine says move the aircraft or do a compass calibration....but when i don't go full throttle the "red" warning message goes away....weird....and it only happens in sport mode.

Anyone have this problem - flying back home full throttle the compass ( which I use ALL the time ) goes crazy until ease up on the gas & goes right back to normal? Also happens in Sport mode - until easing up on the throttle & back to normal again?
Yes there is another thread about this please read through it and you will find alot of answers there.

http://mavicpilots.com/index.php?threads/2657/

There's no final conclusion yet as to the exact cause but it appears to be a HW flaw in some of the Mavic pros thst where build up to s date of come from a specific SKU that is now been compensated for in FW 01.03.0000.
The issue is that electromagnetic interference from the motors when is high speed jams one of the 2 compasses. Now what the new FW does is switching to the 2ndary compass when the interference is detected and then you get a warning rather that a potential fly away.

Yes there is another thread about this please read through it and you will find alot of answers there.

>>> Now what the new FW does is switching to the 2ndary compass when the interference is detected and then you get a warning rather that a potential fly away.

I'm curious as to why a compacs error would cause a fly away... if you are using the RTH it should be using GPS... yes?

There's no final conclusion yet as to the exact cause but it appears to be a HW flaw in some of the Mavic pros thst where build up to s date of come from a specific SKU that is now been compensated for in FW 01.03.0000.
The issue is that electromagnetic interference from the motors when is high speed jams one of the 2 compasses. Now what the new FW does is switching to the 2ndary compass when the interference is detected and then you get a warning rather that a potential fly away.

Thanks for the info - read through all of the issues that other folks are having with their Mavic compass error. But mine seems to be different! I don't get compass error at all - as I mentioned initially on distance flights I rely purely on my compass to RTH & distance to give me confirmation that I am actually flying in the right direction ( been doing this a long time ) I will try to record my screen today & post it for viewing - OK when I gas it up whether in normal or sport mode the compass indicator just goes haywire - the Mavic doesn't give me any warnings on screen but the icon for the Mavic on the compass is at the extreme outer limits & absolutely not facing the correct way nor is it stationary with regard to orientation on the compass it is all over the place. Until I slow it to a stop & everything returns to normal with the Mavic icon facing the correct way & compass steady. Gas up to return home same thing again......goes haywire!
don't want to have to return this - took way to long to get it & can only imagine the horrors of sending it for repair - I'm in Belize C America.

I'm curious as to why a compacs error would cause a fly away... if you are using the RTH it should be using GPS... yes?
It causes TBE as when the compass true north stars to disagree with GPS north when interference is happening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11