DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass redundancy switch message mid-flight

Spy_Corfu

Reactions
Had the "Compass redundancy switch" message a couple of times while flying but with no consequences yet and was wandering if i should worry or do something about it.
Needless to say me and the drone was far from electrical interference and way above the ground.
f9611b140012f59e6db79e155ab50a51.jpg

You are an old hand with an old Mavic. Not much to worry about but you might want to look at this thread to fix it DIY rear compass cabling fix

As far as I understand, new firmware will sometimes switch to front compass when too much interference in rear compass from high current in wires to rear motors ie in sport mode.
Since firmware update, mine does often switch, but not always...
Were you in sport mode?

Reactions: Flying Images
I've gotten massive connection and compass errors flying there. In the north of the island, there is a massive NATO station that really messes with the Mavic.

As far as I understand, new firmware will sometimes switch to front compass when too much interference in rear compass from high current in wires to rear motors ie in sport mode.
Since firmware update, mine does often switch, but not always...
Were you in sport mode?

Maybe yes maybe no as i was flying a mission with litchi over 6km distance and then on the way back with auto return to home it was flying to slowly so i might have switched to sport mode at some time but not sure if message was before or after

I've gotten massive connection and compass errors flying there. In the north of the island, there is a massive NATO station that really messes with the Mavic.

Maybe you are right .. i was flying from Palaiokastritsa towards liapades and yes there is an old NATO base which i thought was not being used any more.
There are some big cellular antennas at some distance but who knows!

Oh yea. That's the same place I experienced issues. The radar station is still in use and those are massive cell repeaters. I have had complete loss of control and disconnect from the Mavic there. Be aware.

Had also the message but didn't notice any issue. Any idea ?

Had the "Compass redundancy switch" message a couple of times while flying but with no consequences yet and was wandering if i should worry or do something about it.
Needless to say me and the drone was far from electrical interference and way above the ground.
f9611b140012f59e6db79e155ab50a51.jpg
Nothing to worry about if it doesn't occur regularly. There are 2 compasses and Mavic automatically switched over to other compass if compass errors are detected.

I have this problem since I got mine in late November. I popped the lid off the bird and pulled the rear arm/motors up and did the twist thing. Very easy, cured the compass problem in sport mode full throttle but seems to come back when landing. Don't get it but flying it forward a few feet and back seems to right things compass wise.
Think about sending it back but don't like the idea of getting a different bird back.

Reactions: The Angry Prepper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun