DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass2 disconnected

mshtyr

Reactions
Hi guys,

After last calibration with DJI assistant I got error in my compass and DJI GO says me to calibrate it. But it's impossible due to another strange issue.

In Sensors -> compass I've figured out that "Compass2 disconnected".

Does anyone see such issue? Where is compass2 located? Can I check the connection by my own?
Thx in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5443.PNG
    IMG_5443.PNG
    584.3 KB · Views: 27
I see you crashed your Mavic in this post. You'll likely need to send it in for repair since you're probably facing a hardware issue.

Reactions: mshtyr
What kind of calibration were you doing in the DJI Assistant 2 app? Did you crash your Mavic?
There is only one calibration on app for mac book so I can't choose it.
Yes, my mavic was crashed and gimbal ribboncable was damaged. During the fixing ribbon cable I turned on my mavic several times to check is everything okay (after camera was mounted, after top part of mavic was mounted, after all screws was added and the final with propellers but without taking off). There was okay.

After reviewing all existing materials I decided before flight - update firmware on mavic and RC, calibrate it with DJI assistant, calibrate IMU and Compass and after that made my first fly.
But after first calibration I figured out that Compass is impossible to calibrate. I also was trying to this in open space area without any electrical or metal things - but still the same.

You could try downgrading/resetting the firmware in the DJI Assistant 2 app. If that does not work, contact DJI support for help.

You could try downgrading/resetting the firmware in the DJI Assistant 2 app. If that does not work, contact DJI support for help.
Great idea and I thought about that but I can't send it because of our post services - it's untasted thing.

I was trying to reset and even relink RC (support advised - can't understand how it can help ;-) )

Maybe another ideas? If it's needed to check something inside mavic - I can do it.

If it's needed to check something inside mavic - I can do it.
I don't repair Mavics, so I cannot advise you on what to check internally. Maybe @Thunder-drones will chime in if he has any ideas.

The only time I have seen a hardware error like yours is when one of the compass connectors inside the bird was defective and showed up as disconnected on DJI Go. When you changed the ribbon, you had to take off the top cover. Maybe you disconnected a lead to #2 compass by accident.

I have flown and tested a mavic using only 1 compass just to see what would happen and it flew just fine and I never had a problem with it, but I fix them so Im comfortable knowing its handicap.

Last edited:
The only time I have seen a hardware error like yours is when one of the compass connectors inside the bird was defective and showed up as disconnected on DJI Go. When you changed the ribbon, you had to take off the top cover. Maybe you disconnected a lead to #2 compass by accident.

I have flown and tested a mavic using only 1 compass just to see what would happen and it flew just fine and I never had a problem with it, but I fix them so Im comfortable knowing its handicap.
Yep - you are right. Technically I can fly even with one, but according to stories on forum I read a lot of "Compass error" or "Toilet effect" so I'm personally afraid of using only one.

My assumption actually was the same. I was trying to investigate cables to and from top - forward comapass and they looks okay. I home it's invisible for my eyes defect.

THX a lot! I'll post photos after fix if you are interested in it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580