DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Complete picture blurry - unable to focus at all at distance

devilliersluc

Reactions
My Mavic pro is unable to focus the complete picture is blurry however anything at a distance of +-10cm away is clear..?

I have tried resetting camera settings, calibrating IMU system and reseting all factory settings and none of these worked

What can i try to fix the issue? Or is is a factory fault.

Attachments

• DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 70
Switch to manual focus and move the dial until image is focused. Now switch back to Auto Focus. This should work. If not, then there is a hardware problem with the camera.

tried switching to manual focus and still nothing. Also tried refreshing firmware through the DJI assistant app and still remains the same.
When i reset camera setting it focus's for a split second then goes back to the blurry picture

I am now experiencing exactly the same symptoms and have tried the same fixes with the same negative results. Did your issue get resolved and how?

Reactions: codie90
After receiving my mavic pro I spent countless hours trying EVERY single solution the internet or DJI customer support has given me to fix this exact same issue out of the box.

(Issue being that the camera won't leave Macro focus even in manual focus setting mode)

Attempted fixes include

-upgrading/downgrading firmware multiple times
-resetting factory settings
-imu calibration/gimbal calibration/compass calibration
-resetting camera settings*
-switching auto to manual focus
-deleting/reinstalling DJI Go 4 app
-trying DJI Go 4 app on 3 different devices iOS and android

*Note: Every now and again for a very split second the camera will focus and fall back into macro focus while doing the camera reset option but don't let this fool you or give you false hope.

Bottom line is I had to return the Mavic (via Amazon) and order a new one. Just felt like posting for those experiencing the same issue.

Have this exactly problem as of yesterday. Tried every suggestion I could find and nothing has worked. Constantly out of focus, tapping on the screen to focus and using manual focus does nothing

I am having exactly the same problem. Screamingly tedious. And here in Canada it appears I have to send the drone to the US for repair. No exactly convenient. Tried all the fixes. Tech Support parroted all the same fixes noted on the internet. No success. We should be paid for the time we waste fixing issues that the manufacturer has created and dropped in our laps.

Update: dji initially blamed me, then reconsidered and called it a warranty issue, said refresh would NOT be used. Replaced Magic at no charge, but took one of my 2 possible refresh replacements away. Stonewalled me on the issue and I finally gave up. Only 3 months left anyway

Lucky for me, London Drugs actually replaced my drone. I didn't have to send it away and wait 3 weeks. LD is going to deal with it. I really appreciate that kind of customer service. DJI should take note. Now of course, I've discovered that 2 of the 3 batteries I purchased from DJI in the 'package deal' will not charge... More dud activity from DJI. Going to look through this site for others that have had this problem and see what the solution might be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11