DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connect Live Feed To TV

Monty

Reactions
Hi All,

I'm new to the drone life and have purchased a Mavic Pro which I'm really enjoying.

The one issue that I'm having problems with is trying to connect the drone to watch my footage live on my Panasonic TV while I'm flying the drone.

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus to connect to the remote control and I recently purchased a USB to HDMI converter and plugged this into the USB port on the bottom of the remote and connected this to my TV with a HDMI cable.

unfortunately this did not work at all and I don't have an apple tv device as iv herd most people mention in forums and on YouTube videos.

Would anyone else know how I can do this?

Thanks for your help in advance. My apologies if this question has been asked already

If you have a phone (like the Galaxy S7 and many others) that allows screen mirroring via wifi, you can turn on Screen Mirroring in the settings before you fly - if you want to risk your phone doing "extra work" while flying. I've seen that work.

There are two ways this can work.
Air Play to an Apple TV box via wifi (approx $60 on eBay)
You can also AirPlay to a mac or use a PC running software.
I believe Kodi should work for this.

Rob

Reactions: Murfturfflyer
There are two ways this can work.
Air Play to an Apple TV box via wifi (approx $60 on eBay)
You can also AirPlay to a mac or use a PC running software.
I believe Kodi should work for this.

Rob
I have a mac at home. How do I setup air play to that

Although all of the suggestions above are okay, they have quite strict limitations in the range department.
You'll have to be fairly close to the unit you're mirroring to, which of course is less than optimal if you think about the safety issues BLOS operations impose.
I'd suggest using the live streaming capabilities of the Mavic to stream the contents live. Then anyone with the live link kan view :)

Just my 2 cents worth...

Although all of the suggestions above are okay, they have quite strict limitations in the range department.
You'll have to be fairly close to the unit you're mirroring to, which of course is less than optimal if you think about the safety issues BLOS operations impose.
I'd suggest using the live streaming capabilities of the Mavic to stream the contents live. Then anyone with the live link kan view :)

Just my 2 cents worth...
I'm very new to this. How do you setup live streaming on YouTube or facebook

It's in the app.

Quality will be deadful compared to the other mentioned solutions though, and delay so huge you can't fly with.

Easiest is indeed to use an android phone since that has screen moirroring by default, and most TVs are natively compatible with it too so nothing special needed.

I'm very new to this. How do you setup live streaming on YouTube or facebook

Setting up a live stream is a two-way story.
First; You'll have to have a YouTube account, then log into YT. It is really easy if you already has a Google account, then you'll be able to continue with that.
The details of your live stream is set up in YT Dashboard (YouTube).

On the Mavic side (DJI Go 4 app), you'll have to select the streaming platform, and then you'll be prompted by the app to enter your YT credentials.

If I had my Mavic with me, I'd supply screenshots of the process, but I guess YouTube probably is full of How-to videos on how to accomplish this :)

Good luck!

Quality will be deadful compared to the other mentioned solutions though, and delay so huge you can't fly with.

I sure must have gotten the original question mixed up here;
If the purpose of the setup would be to fly the Mavic using your big-screen tv, I wouldn't use live streaming, no.
Sorry 'bout the mixup!

That's how i have done this:
Buy a Miracast Dongle which acts as an Airplay receiver. (Amazon)
Connect this dongle to HDMI IN on TV (here a portable RC monitor from Graupner)

Here the view for my portable ground station:

1.jpg

You see below a powerbank to power the dongle. If you have a USB connector on your TV, plug it in there und you are powering the device via that port.

The rightmost cable from the dongle is the antenna for the WiFi.

2.jpg

Connect your iPhone/iPad to the WiFi ESSID created by the dongle.
Activate Airplay on your iPhone/iPad:

3.jpg

Your screen is being mirrored to the screen/TV:

4.jpg

Fire up your DJI GO app - let's fly...

5.jpg

That's all.
Works with any HDMI device (FPV goggles, TV's)

Regards,
Keule

View attachment 11241

You see below a powerbank to power the dongle. If you have a USB connector on your TV, plug it in there und you are powering the device via that port.

View attachment 11242

View attachment 11243

View attachment 11244

View attachment 11245

That's all.

Regards,
Keule
Wow... now that is a serious setup. Looks unreal. Gotta get me some of that equipment and setup something similar.

Hey guys

Just want to thank everyone for all there help and ideas on how to get my mavic pro foottage to show live on my tv

I bit the bullet and brought the Apple TV GEN4 and it works an absolute treat

Keep up the great work guys and I'm sure I'll be speaking with you all again soon
IMG_0314.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Keule and Robbyg
I am trying to mirror my iPad mini2 to a second screen using AirPlay. I can get the screen to work perfectly until I plug the mavic pro controller into the iPad mini2. As soon as I plug in, the AirPlay stops. If I unplug the mavic control, the AirPlay works again. Any suggestions?

View attachment 11241

View attachment 11242

View attachment 11243

View attachment 11244

View attachment 11245

That's all.

Regards,
Keule
what lag are you experiencing? I'm going to use a mira cast and my android device to cast to a Feelworld FW279 2200 nit screen.

I have started to mirror my screen of my S7 and Nexus 7 2013, but I find that the phone and tablet are ALOT slower when mirroring to my Feelworld FW279 screen. Both the phone and the screen is lagging...

Edit: Just finished AnTuTu Benchmark and found a 5000 point difference between running with my miracast and without. Could it be my miracast device that is causing the slow phone/tablet performance?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929