DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecticut

@DSGDSG I'm planning on hiking and flying over at Sleeping Giant sometime this weekend, weather permitting. I'd be down to meet up if you're around.
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I work 24hrs Saturday and another 12 Sunday's looks like it's in he cards so I won't be available this weekend. My bird is supposed to arrive Saturday too. Still need to buy all the other stuff for it though.

Anyway, yes CT said no flying in state parks, but I believe it's taking off and landing. Flying over isn't something I don't think they can't restrict as long as it's not already covered in the FAA rules for flying (but I'm sure they have a plan to tax it somehow). I tried getting some view of the seals down in Clinton last weekend but I couldn't make it out to Miegs Point from where I was with the wind as strong as it was and my yuneec batteries having degraded like they have. This one should remedy that problem next time.

If you're going to do sleeping giant, I'd recommend the blue trail. It's challenging but the views are worth it.

I hope yours comes in in better shape than mine. I ordered it directly from DJI. Thanks to a very poor packing job the gimbal is broken
View media item 370
WOW that stinks. sorry to see that ya wait and wait then you get it to find you cant do a thing with it. I waited for mine 4 months and the camera guard wasn't on luckily I haven't had any problems yet.

Hi all. First post on the forum is to say "Sup!" to my fellow CT folks from Tolland.

Impatiently waiting for my Mavic to deliver today! So of course I'm online obsessing when I should be getting other things done. Been grounded for a couple years now - had the original Phantom but after a drone-destroying crash I never replaced it. Looking forward to a far better flying experience with the Mavic! As a photographer/videographer it's a flying camera platform first and foremost. :)

Thanks for the note re: state parks. I wasn't aware of that! Almost ready to take the part 107 certification exam so I am good on everything FAA but guess I'd better brush up on all the OTHER new regs since 2013. :)

Reactions: Knight Hawk
I received my Mavic Pro on Tuesday and my IPad mini4 to help me fly and do videos with. Now I just need a calm day for the maiden voyage here in Storrs.

The windy days we've had has provided me opportunity to put mine up and move around a bit so I can gain more confidence as to what kind of winds I can handle.

There was some great flying weather this past weekend! 2 mph at 350'! Flew a bit from the New Milford town park before it officially opens (and likely prohibits me flying) and got some good video. Anyone else get some flight time?

Flew the Inspire 1 at work this past weekend. I'm going to fly my mp later today!

Have had no time at all. I only recharged my batteries for the first time this past weekend. I would like to get out and try some of the features like RTH and different flight modes but I just don't know where to go so I can play in peace. Also been wanting to get down to the shore and see if I can't get some shots of the seals basking at Miegs Point but I'm sure by now they're on their way to better waters.

Rocky Hill Here.

Just got the Mavic Pro last week but haven't flown it as yet.

Currently also own an Autel XP. Here's what happened to my first Autel. Fortunately my son was flying his Phantom and captured the video that shows what happened. Autel did replace my drone, just FYI. If you watch closely you will see at the left of the screen when it drops behind the boat.

Reactions: Pano-pano
Thought I'd share a recent photo, IndyWebDude you'll probably find this sight familiar! Out over the CT river between Rocky Hill & Glastonbury, looking north. Hartford off in the distance on the left. :)

Thought I'd share a recent photo, IndyWebDude you'll probably find this sight familiar! Out over the CT river between Rocky Hill & Glastonbury, looking north. Hartford off in the distance on the left. :)

Awesome picture. I've gone down to the Ferry Park a few times and done some pictures. Great shot. Where do you take off from ?

Is the Ferry Park by the ferry, I assume? I haven't gone up there. Just FYI it is just within the range of the Brainard Class D airspace. :(

I started mapping some places to fly from up the CT river - GaiaGPS - Drone - Flying Spots

The Rocky Hill town park up near the Rose Hill Cemetary is a great big open space, go out back past the dog park. I live out in the woods so a nice open space with no trees is wonderful. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme