DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecticut

Thank you. It was actually down by Guilford CT at a place called Chaffinch Island Park. I was on the shore when the boat went by. Speculation by me and others is the Sonar/Radar on the boat may have had something to do with the crash, but never determined

Is the Ferry Park by the ferry, I assume? I haven't gone up there. Just FYI it is just within the range of the Brainard Class D airspace. :(

I started mapping some places to fly from up the CT river - GaiaGPS - Drone - Flying Spots

The Rocky Hill town park up near the Rose Hill Cemetary is a great big open space, go out back past the dog park. I live out in the woods so a nice open space with no trees is wonderful. :)

I have been there a couple of times and flown. It's near the Outdoor Amphitheatre ? Be careful of the checkerboard water tower, it has a bunch of Cell/Microwave antennas on it that can cause some issues.

Yes RH Ferry Park is right there by the Ferry. I usually launch from an old abandoned Silo that is close to there and then fly out that direction.

darana, you inspired me to get a similar picture

Attachments

• DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 27
  • DJI_0043.JPG
    DJI_0043.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
Thank you. It was actually down by Guilford CT at a place called Chaffinch Island Park. I was on the shore when the boat went by. Speculation by me and others is the Sonar/Radar on the boat may have had something to do with the crash, but never determined

I was looking at your footage and thought "what a great place to fish" Thanks for the reply!

I have been there a couple of times and flown. It's near the Outdoor Amphitheatre ? Be careful of the checkerboard water tower, it has a bunch of Cell/Microwave antennas on it that can cause some issues.

Yes RH Ferry Park is right there by the Ferry. I usually launch from an old abandoned Silo that is close to there and then fly out that direction.

Huh. I used the water tower as an orbit target. :) I'll have to check out the ferry park though. There's a few other spots I marked on the map I linked up there along the river which are begging for a less-windy day to go fly from!

Hey everyone, checking in from Barkhamsted. I'm having great fun with the Mavic: Drone Images

Welcome! (I've only been here a couple weeks? can I say Welcome yet?)
Great shots! Beautiful up in Barkhamsted - I grew up in Granby and the reservoir is still one of my favorite spots in Connecticut. Love the little earth shot!

Hello all. I live in Newington and I just got my Mavic. Are there any clubs and/or Mavic meet ups where we could share knowledge and tips and such?

Hey Scott, not really, welcome to the forum. I'm not aware of any meet ups, but this would be a great place to organize one!

Reactions: imnotreallyscott
Hello! I live in Colchester. New to the Mavic, and to drone flying. Looking for suggestions of good places to fly in the area!

Reactions: Five-O
I have been enjoying the Connecticut coastline - have not been up to your corner of the state!

New Mavic pilot here from Stratford. Have been flying a Quanum Nova with 3 axis gimbal and SJCAM for 3 years, but the Mavic is in a different league and I'm loving it! Looking forward to getting more comfortable with it so I can take it up and out further - this thing handles the wind infinitely better than my Nova so I'm adapting to it's abilities and just completely floored with it's capabilities every time I take it out.

-Joe

New Mavic pilot here from Stratford. Have been flying a Quanum Nova with 3 axis gimbal and SJCAM for 3 years, but the Mavic is in a different league and I'm loving it! Looking forward to getting more comfortable with it so I can take it up and out further - this thing handles the wind infinitely better than my Nova so I'm adapting to it's abilities and just completely floored with it's capabilities every time I take it out.

-Joe

Welcome, just don't fly it around Sikorsky....lol

Welcome, just don't fly it around Sikorsky....lol

Sikorsky Airport told me as long as I kept it under 400ft, on the other side of town I'm perfectly fine and don't need to call every time I fly. I'm much closer to the helicopter plant, however, but they aren't doing nearly as many test flights as they used to and even when they do they usually head straight up over the river to at least 1000ft before flying around. I'm not careless with my drones and the highest I've ever flown was tonight at 250ft, but I'm always keeping an eye out for others in the air.

-Joe

Welcome to the forum, lots of good info in here from very knowledgeable folks.

Good to hear. Seems like some confusion as to where you can legally fly. Calling airports and such seems like a regular challenge. I personally live within 5 miles of 7 "airports" though I wouldn't name any of them airports.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa