DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Conspiracy theory in why Drone dealers are not receiving any Mavic's

skypros

Reactions
I just wonder if DJi did in fact ship some of the dealers partial orders.... but most of those Mavics never reached it to their "pre-order" customers.
The pre-order customers may of complained to DJI, and in return DJI looks to see that they shipped a "few" to the dealer and figured out they were part of the problem.

There is one thing that a customer that pays MSRP to sell on ebay for $$$, It is another thing for a dealer to do this when they are getting it for wholesale and then selling above MSRP on a product that is in very short suppy and thus making it even worse.

It is really sad that the only way to get a Mavic Pro here in the USA is either through DJI, APPLE or BEST BUY (Or sites like newegg that DJI is the seller)

Im sure some of that happened. How wide spread it is or how far reaching is unknown. Its unscrupulous for sure. I purchased from an Authorized DJI seller here in San Jose and paid less than MSRP for the Fly More package. It took 2 months and 2 days , but I saved a bundle. No Tax, No Shipping and 39 less than MSRP.

The wait was excursiating at times when I visited the forum and heard all the great Mavic tidbits and saw the video and picture quality. It was worth it in the end!

If those dealers did then they most likely lost future business or returning customers.

Makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if small shops did end up selling on eBay, imagine if you had a hundred units and you made $300-400 profit on each. That's nearly $30-40k right there. ($300-400 profit is based on how much they were selling for few weeks ago before someone corrects me)

More established shops, probably not

Probably making $300 on normal deals or had the opportunity to scaly for $800++ profit too !!

To do so is obviously against DJI's Authorized Retailer Agreement so that could result in loss of DJI Authorized retailer status.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada