DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller 'Connecting'

chrism

Reactions
Hi all,
I've come across my first issue :(

Only had my MP 2 days and have flown it 7 times in total.
Today I tried to take it out and the controller will not connect to the MP. It displays 'Connecting' on the screen and the MP flashes rapid yellow.

I have tried manually connecting it via the app using the 'Linking Remote Controller' feature > 'Link RC' > 'OK' and it displays 'Remote Controller Linked' even though it isn't!
I have also tried linking it using C1, C2 and Record but to no avail.

I'm currently on the latest firmware (V01.03.0400) which I have refreshed, then downgraded to the previous
firmware and then back to the latest and each time the controller still displays 'Connecting'

In addition on the DJI Go app it displays 'Aircraft Disconnected' in the top left hand corner.

Is there anything else I can try?
Appreciate any advice - thanks!

How are you connecting your controller to your phone/tablet?
What ports?

Hi,
I have a iPhone 7plus and I am using the supplied DJI lightning cable plugged into the controller.

Interestingly as I am sat here, the controller is now constantly beeping and showing 'Stick Err Re-Ctr Stick Connecting' and that was without me even touching the controller! It has now stopped after I turned the controller on and off...

That has prompted me to try connecting via the wifi and my iPhone and I am able to do this successfully. o_O

But I'm still unable to unable to connect the controller.....

Last edited:
Try connecting to the large USB port on the bottom of the controller, using your iPhone charging cable -(make sure you unplug the micro USB cable from the side first).
If that works, your problem could be the supplied short cable.

Try connecting to the large USB port on the bottom of the controller, using your iPhone charging cable -(make sure you unplug the micro USB cable from the side first).
If that works, your problem could be the supplied short cable.

The OP is not having a problem connecting the display device to the controller, the controller won't connect to the Mavic.

Hi,
Yes, with the app showing 'Aircraft Disconnected', makes me believe that controller is talking to the phone - it's the controller that's not talking to the MP.

So, if you leave the phone unconnected and turn the controller on and then turn the Mavic on, the controller will not connect?

I've not looked at the Mavic's online manual but I think it reports errors with it's lights. If you look online I think you will see this in the manual. Do the flashing lights match anything listed?

So, if you leave the phone unconnected and turn the controller on and then turn the Mavic on, the controller will not connect?

I've not looked at the Mavic's online manual but I think it reports errors with it's lights. If you look online I think you will see this in the manual. Do the flashing lights match anything listed?

Correct - I have just tried this and the MP flashes yellow (which means controller not connected) and the controller still displays 'Connecting'
In addition, when I connect my controller to my Mac via USB, DJI Assistance does not display/recognise it. Another thing I have tried is connecting the controller via usb/micro usb direct to the MP.....no joy!

Interestingly, I have found Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro. and other people are experiencing the same 'connecting' issue. The only difference being was mine was not directly after an update and mine did complete successfully :(

Have Mavic 3 days and no flight. So frustrating.

I seem to be having a similar problem with RC not connecting to IPhone 6. Have tried USB cable with same result,

Mavic has had a firmware update via Assisant2 today and continues to display a yellow flashing light meaning no connection.

I too am desperate to resolve issue so advice very welcome.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Have Mavic 3 days and no flight. So frustrating.

I seem to be having a similar problem with RC not connecting to IPhone 6. Have tried USB cable with same result,

Mavic has had a firmware update via Assisant2 today and continues to display a yellow flashing light meaning no connection.

I too am desperate to resolve issue so advice very welcome.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi,

It's frustrating isn't ?! - I'm able to connect the RC to my phone. The issue I'm having is not being able to connect the RC to the MP.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My connection problem is slightly different. I am able to put together some pretty good flights away from home, but anywhere around my house, the app (LG G5) will not connect to the controller consistently (the RC and MP will stay connected and I can still fly and land it with the controller). It will connect for a short while, and then black out and not get reconnected. I have turned off WiFi on my phone, thinking it must have something to do with my home connection, but to no avail. Anyone experience a problem like this?

Reactions: ggessel
Sounds like you are getting interference from somewhere near your house - when viewing the DJI Go app, have a look at 'Aircraft Status' and see if the Radio Channel Quality has any warnings next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You can also select Radio Channel manually rather than using the AUTO setting and determine the channel that has the least noise and best signal. Its not always the one that AUTO selects for you.

Hi,
I have a iPhone 7plus and I am using the supplied DJI lightning cable plugged into the controller.

Interestingly as I am sat here, the controller is now constantly beeping and showing 'Stick Err Re-Ctr Stick Connecting' and that was without me even touching the controller! It has now stopped after I turned the controller on and off...

That looks like it needs a recalibration of the sticks. The sticks both need to be in 0,0 positions when the RC is turned on.
If this error wont go away then the RC will never let you connect to aircraft.

Go into the go app and look for RC icon > make sure its in mode 2. Recalibrate by slowly moving the sticks as instructed on the screen.

Sounds like you are getting interference from somewhere near your house - when viewing the DJI Go app, have a look at 'Aircraft Status' and see if the Radio Channel Quality has any warnings next to it.

I can't access anything in the app. That's the problem. The app won't connect to the controller. The controller connects to the MP just fine. I have tried different cables, reinstalling and reloading the app, turning off my home WiFi, and every other trick I've come across with no luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji