DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller drains faster using a tablet vs a phone

tonic316

Reactions
I have a mavic and so does my dad. We went out the other day and his controller drained significantly faster then mine. We both used the same amount of drone batteries (2) and we were both at 100% on the controller when we started. When it was over his controller was at warning levels meanwhile mine was at 80% battery left. The only difference is I was using a iPhone 7+ and he was using a note tablet. Is it a known issue that the controller will drain battery significantly faster using a tablet over a phone?

I seem to recall reading there are issues with non-apple devices charging from the rc or vice versa. I use an ipad so I don't have this issue, perhaps someone with more knowledge of this will post.

Android devices charge from the controller and thus drain its battery, iOS devices don't.

Android devices charge from the controller and thus drain its battery, iOS devices don't.
That, but I must say tho, it doesn't really charge my OnePlus 3 very well... i think its the lack of current, but thats mostly fine anyways... not gonna fly my mavic with a low phone battery anyways

No it just maintains charge.. but the point is it drains the controller battery.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu