DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller not charging

Landmix

Reactions
Controller had 35% on lift off. After 2 minutes flying the controller screen went blank and my phone disconnected. Ok, all good as it returned to home (lucky it was my home).
Problem is the charger won't charge. Tried changing cables, plugs and used both connection ports. Any ideas. ?
Is there a reset button ?
Is this a hardware or software issue ?
Or am I just forgetting to do something ? (And yes I turned on the power supply)
;-)) HEEEELP

It wouldn't have lost enough to shut off in two minutes, sounds like a battery connection problem which would also explain not charging.
There isn't much the average person can do to even open it so you'll probably have to send it in for repair even though the actual fix might be quite simple.

It wouldn't have lost enough to shut off in two minutes, sounds like a battery connection problem which would also explain not charging.
There isn't much the average person can do to even open it so you'll probably have to send it in for repair even though the actual fix might be quite simple.

There are videos that show how to take apart the controller, but I don't recommend it. I installed the antenna connectors inside the remote and man was that a nightmare. Better to send it in and not take the chance of breaking things inside like the delicate ribbon cable latches.

There are videos that show how to take apart the controller, but I don't recommend it. I installed the antenna connectors inside the remote and man was that a nightmare. Better to send it in and not take the chance of breaking things inside like the delicate ribbon cable latches.

Don’t scare the poor guy..
I’m just a plumber but I had the same problem.. 1- call the place where you got it. They exchanged mine but I only had a range of 2km so what did I do ??? 2 - buy an MAV range extender. When I changed it I found the circuit board screw had cut into the aerial wire.. not too hard at all (and MAV has youtube directions)...10km range now, but watch for a place to land cause you might not make it back (head winds) —good luck

Don’t scare the poor guy..
I’m just a plumber but I had the same problem.. 1- call the place where you got it. They exchanged mine but I only had a range of 2km so what did I do ??? 2 - buy an MAV range extender. When I changed it I found the circuit board screw had cut into the aerial wire.. not too hard at all (and MAV has youtube directions)...10km range now, but watch for a place to land cause you might not make it back (head winds) —good luck
???
2- buy an range extender to solve a dead battery?

you can only charge the controller from the side port, not bottom USB port. it could be either the cord or charger. Hopefully not the RC. You might try charging the RC from some other type of charger, like a phone charger. it is only a 3.7v battery, and 4wd is correct, with 35%, it should have lasted longer than 2 minutes, but Lipo batteries do drop really fast at the end. so it wouldn't surprise me if it dropped below optimum voltage real fast. I have never let my RC battery get that low so can't really tell you what happened to your. I also wouldn't fly with it below 50%.

???
2- buy an range extender to solve a dead battery?

Na... battery problem was a controller fault. But when I received the new controller and boosted the aerial, I found a pinched wire.. what if the internal charge wire was pinched on the previous controller? (I never took the first one apart as it was under warranty). I returned it to place of purchase and they told me may take a while. 2 weeks later I contacted place of purchase and said I needed the drone for a special event. Guess what - they broke open a combo and gave me the new remote. Thank you ‘DC Cameras and Optics’ they are cheap and very helpful. by the way - DC (I thought was battery current) but found out it was ‘Dirt Cheap’ haha
Ok - that was the full story. Sorry if i skipped the important parts before.
But you got to get the range extender, even if you don’t intend to fly out of sight, it still gives better reception behind trees and buildings. Less chance of a fly away... ALWAYS RESET YOUR HOME POSITION. Also I think it senses the exact position if you sit 30ft vertical of take off position for 10sec. Any comments on that thought? I read it somewhere.

Controller had 35% on lift off. After 2 minutes flying the controller screen went blank and my phone disconnected. Ok, all good as it returned to home (lucky it was my home).
Problem is the charger won't charge. Tried changing cables, plugs and used both connection ports. Any ideas. ?
Is there a reset button ?
Is this a hardware or software issue ?
Or am I just forgetting to do something ? (And yes I turned on the power supply)
;-)) HEEEELP

I have the same issue...I event not yet flying the MP. It still fresh from the store and the controller won't charge.Please Heelp...

Have you tried connecting the controller to DJI assist 2 and see if it will connect?

Its software for your computer you can get it from the DJI site. It allows you to connect the mavic and or the control to the PC for updates via USB.
6% to 25%overnight doesnt sound good! Are you SURE that you have the control powered off?
push the power button once, then push and hold till the control shuts off.

Also I think it senses the exact position if you sit 30ft vertical of take off position for 10sec. Any comments on that thought? I read it somewhere.

Dude, RTFM. Look under the section called "precision landing". Lots of other great info in the manual too.

Thanks ac0j
Yes...i have it power off. Then, I just push the power button once to see the level of battery. After several times I check, the level is decreasing, from 25 to 20%...? So Weird..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3