DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller recharge

wombat

Reactions
how can I recharge the controller with the car charger?

The RC consume same voltage level with the typical smart phone, thus you can use smart phone car charger to charge it.

thanks gusri for your feedback, I do have the Car charger from DJI but it only has the connection for the batteries, does not have the usb connector like the power charger.

or use the last of the power in the Mavic battery to charge the rc via the power bank adaptor. (assuming you have ten or 15 percent left in your Mavic battery. If it charges a phone it will charge the RC i assume). then your car charger is free for the batteries.

I think you need a multi-way adapter between the socket in your car and the DJI charge lead.
The earlier / cheaper adapters came with just 2, or 3, or 4, sockets, the same as in the car. Thus you needed another adaptor to convert one of those 12 volt sockets to a 5V USB socket.
Later multi-way adaptors have one or two 5v USB sockets and two or three of the 12 volt sockets in the same housing. These are clearly more suited to your requirements.

At least, that's the situation in the UK :).

Edited 2 hours later to say that arguably the better solution is to buy a mains inverter, run that from the 12v socket and always use your mains power unit that has two USB outlets, and powers the charger.
The label on the (UK) power unit isn't that exact, showing the Input as 100 / 240 volts, but only one current rating of 1.4A
I would expect more current to be required when running at 110 volts, and if that's what the 1.4A refers to I'd say an inverter rated to supply 150 or 200 watts would be fine.
For the maximum headroom, assume the 1.4A refers to running at 240 volts, for which an inverter rated at 350 watts would be fine.

You are in Australia, I am not; PLEASE do read the label on your power unit, and make any decision on inverter rating based on what it says (Volts x Amps, then round up to the nearest 50).

Regards.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your feedback,
Davidss, I do have a 600 watt pure sinewave inverter that I use for my Nikon 800 batteries and phone charging in my 4x4 would that be ok to use ?
as you can tell I am not into electronics

'Pure Sine Wave'? That's a posh one !! Yes I expect that will do nicely.
As a matter of interest, what mains voltage does Australia use, 110 or 240?
If it's 110, what does in say on the Mavic mains power unit regarding the input specifications?
And Yes, it is in very small writing. Specs and good lighting required here :)

Regards.

Pure sinewave is required for our digital TVs in our caravan not sure why it has to be PSW.
Aust is 240

or use the last of the power in the Mavic battery to charge the rc via the power bank adaptor. (assuming you have ten or 15 percent left in your Mavic battery. If it charges a phone it will charge the RC i assume). then your car charger is free for the batteries.
Could not fine a way to do that connection

The fly more combo comes with a Mavic battery to USB adapter. DJI also sell it separately.

The fly more combo comes with a Mavic battery to USB adapter. DJI also sell it separately.

I have the combo, just connected the controller to the charger via a USB I then connected a battery to the charger and turned on the controller then the battery and the controller displays connecting and % of controller goes down, I thought it should be showing charging on the controller while on charge.

Battery yes of course, but not the controller.

So every now and then I would need to turn the controller on to see if charging has finished, is that correct ?
Thank you for your help

No, the screen is active during recharge with the level displayed... just try it. It's however not trying to connect and draining power doing so.

No, the screen is active during recharge with the level displayed... just try it. It's however not trying to connect and draining power doing so.

Got it, controller off connect to battery and it now shows charging on the controller thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost