DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Sceen preference? (currently iPhone6)

KiterTodd

Reactions
Two additional questions as I prepare for the Mavic's arrival...

1) Which phone?
My iPhone6 is at the end of it's life as my memory is full and the battery life is limited. While I'd prefer to stay with an iPhone, I don't have to.

My obvious upgrade path would be to an iPhone 7 or 7plus. I was wondering if the 7plus fits easily, or if I should just stay with the 7?

When I saw folks fly other drones (pre-Mavic) the giant iPad screen sizes seemed to make flying and viewing easier. I was not sure if you can see everything you need to on the smaller screen, although I'd prefer to have a smaller system overall, so that's certainly a plus.

2) Use your primary phone or a backup phone?
I could buy a new phone for daily use, and just clear out an old phone and use it dedicated for the Mavic. Is there a benefit to this or have most of you found it is more beneficial to just use one phone for everything?

Heck, I could do that now and just use an old iPhone4 that is sitting idle. Smaller screen, of course, but if it is adequate it may be a better call. ?

There is great info on this site and I an appreciative of everything I'm reading. So thanks again! Good forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580