DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller signal lost, Mavic just hovered

cmofly

Reactions
I was about half mile away setting it down in my parents back yard, Signal was lost and for some reason it did not RTH even though it is set up to. I had to hop in my car and once I was closer it reconnected and tried to land, I cancelled the landing and landed it myself uneventfully.

Any thoughts?

I do have it set up to RTH with remote controller signal lost in the advanced settings, and RTH was set correctly at takeoff.

Did you take a look at your flight log? You can upload and view it online here. Post a link back here if you'd like others to comment on it.

I was about half mile away setting it down in my parents back yard, Signal was lost and for some reason it did not RTH even though it is set up to. I had to hop in my car and once I was closer it reconnected and tried to land, I cancelled the landing and landed it myself uneventfully.

Any thoughts?

I do have it set up to RTH with remote controller signal lost in the advanced settings, and RTH was set correctly at takeoff.
This is something I can only really answer with a flight log. If you upload yours with the link msinger gave above, I can possibly tell you what happened.

Ok, here is the file. There is a about a 4 min gap in the time where it lost the signal and just hovered.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-27_[19-13-17].txt
    426 KB · Views: 33
I do have it set up to RTH with remote controller signal lost in the advanced settings
Your Mavic acted like you had it set to "Hover" during that flight. Did you verify this setting while your Mavic was connected to DJI GO?

I did not, but I checked on a flight after that and it was set correctly without me doing so. I didn't think to check that every time I fly but today I noticed it was set to landing but I didn't set that. Is that a known thing that the setting can change from one flight to another? Apparently I'm going to have to check it every time.

Reactions: Geoflys
That setting should not change by itself unless you install new firmware on your Mavic.

Yes, the default setting is RTH.

Reactions: Elliott
Do you use litchi in addition to Go4? I stopped using litchi because on more than one occasion it disconnected/reconnected and when I checked settings, it was set to hover.

Do you use litchi in addition to Go4? I stopped using litchi because on more than one occasion it disconnected/reconnected and when I checked settings, it was set to hover.
I don't use litchi. I'm going to test it later on and see if it's doing what it's suppose to.

Thanks for the help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada