DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller stick covers

regdawg

Reactions
Are these necessary? Will damage happen if the sticks move around in transport?
9c732f2f3c36c60fb4d26cef6bb2967c.jpg

It's a preventive measure.
It's optional to everyone, but if you want to protect your investment, a few more $$$ spent will save you a lot of trouble in a long run.
Just my 2 cents.

It's a preventive measure.
It's optional to everyone, but if you want to protect your investment, a few more $$$ spent will save you a lot of trouble in a long run.
Just my 2 cents.
Makes sense

If you are going to use the DJI case and carry extra batteries in the side pockets (Ike I do) then I think they are a must. Trying to get the controller out, or in, the case without pushing the sticks hard against their stops is nearly impossible. With the stick covers it's not an issue.

I bought them in order to primarily protect the sticks from moving while I put the controller in a backpack when the drone is in active track mode.
Unfortunately I must say, that the sticks still slightly move when the protector is on.
So for my purpose it doens´t do any good.

Waiting for a software / firmware solution to disable controller buttons and sticks...

I bought them in order to primarily protect the sticks from moving while I put the controller in a backpack when the drone is in active track mode.
Unfortunately I must say, that the sticks still slightly move when the protector is on.
So for my purpose it doens´t do any good.

Waiting for a software / firmware solution to disable controller buttons and sticks...
That would be sweet. Has DJI acknowledged that?

In the manual it states to keep the sticks in the neutral center position when storing and transporting.
So to answer your question, it's not necessary if you have a case with foam cutouts and it is recommended if you use the flymore bag or any other bag/case that is tight fitting and could shift the sticks easily from outside forces.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom