DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller symbol greyed out what does this mean?

wayneiak

Reactions
39a319dc575a7e456e0935aa97d7c302.jpg

This has happened twice, the rc still has full bars and the Mavic flys normal. Why does the controller symbol turn grey with no warnings.

I fixed the photo a bit. And it looks like a phone contrast issue. You can dimly see the bars still. As though your phones got some bad pixels i dont know. But you also have what looks like red depression marks in the phone? I could be so wrong it isn't funny, 39a319dc575a7e456e0935aa97d7c302-2.jpg

I used a phone screen recorder then screen shot it. Picture quality on my z3 is really good this picture does not do it justice.

Reactions: devin120
Mine has done this several times also. Seems to be an app display glitch. If I re-start the app the bars come back.

Yes same here I also have seen the controller symbol flash, every time I see it I bring the bird home as I'm scared of losing it.

Yes same here I also have seen the controller symbol flash, every time I see it I bring the bird home as I'm scared of losing it.
The important thing is to see if you still have full connection on the actual controller. If you do, then you are probably okay and it's just an app display issue.

Still have full bars on controller it must be a glitch. It doesn't fill me with confidence when I see it I always bring it home.

I understand that fully, and I almost did lose mine by not heeding the flashing symbol. One time I just kept flying despite the RC symbol flashing until it turned off completely. Totally greyed out. Then I got a message stating that the bird was going to land from where it was hovering. Got a message asking if I wanted it to land there. I found that strange, since it could still send a signal asking me if I wanted it to land there. Why then was the RTH feature not working? I cancelled the indication and ran to where I could see the Drone hovering and landed it manually. Had this been any further out I may not have seen where it was and it would have landed wherever. I get flashing RC symbol all the time and it just makes me scared to fly this expensive toy very far at all. No way am I getting anywhere close to the advertised range with this, I do well if I can see it Fly within visual range and maintain a steady RC icon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ