DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller with dead battery out of the box

DoctorDray

Reactions
So after waiting two months for my preorder to arrive, My Mavic got delivered with a controller that refuses to charge. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Just wondering if this is a "common" experience or whether I was just extremely unlucky.

Btw what is the behaviour when you plug the controller in to charge? I know the LED screen lights up with the word "CHARGING" but does it stay lit up indefinitely? Or does it fade after a few seconds? If it fades, how do you tell when the controller is fully charged?

Are you using the charger it came with and not a standard usb source? It lights up and continues to stay lit to indicate the charge % until it is fully charged and it'll shut off.

Are you using the charger it came with and not a standard usb source? It lights up and continues to stay lit to indicate the charge % until it is fully charged and it'll shut off.

Thanks for your reply. Yes using everything that came in the box. Good to know what normal behaviour is and hopefully it will help others. It took me a while to spot the problem because CHARGING would appear and then disappear after a few seconds.

In my experience with batteries, if they sit dead for long periods of time, they can be trouble when trying to charge lol

Have you seen/heard any other reports of dead on arrival batteries with the Mavic? Just wondering if I was just extremely unlucky.

Mine came at 6% charge. Theres nothing worse than a dead battery and a bunch of firmware updates you have to do before taking it for a flight lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada