DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller won't connect to Mavic Pro

Kym Illman

Reactions
On the screen of the controller I just see "CONNECTING" and it sits like that ad infinitum. Any clues on how to fix this as it has connected perfectly for months.

Check the aircraft isn't in wifi mode, worth checking.

Reactions: geigy
You could rebound it if you have to but I suspect you have something else going on.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Looks like somehow the pairing has dropped. Go into the menu in the Go App, click on the remote icon, then "Remote Controller Settings" then at the bottom you will have "Linking RC". Then press the little button next to the SDCard / WiFi switch on the Mavic itself.

Reactions: MicheleStapleton
I have the same problem. The controller worked out once but remains unable to connect with the drone. Tried linking the RC but nothing changes.

I have the same problem after i updated the firmware that provides fix wing mode. After reboot both the remote and the drone, they cannot be linked anymore!
I tried to downgrade the firmware for both the drone and remote, no luck!
I tried the "rc linking" option as well as the C1+C2+Record, but no responds at all!
Then i tried the "restore factory defaults", but could not work either!

Did you factory reset before you downgraded the FW?
Or should I say factory reset first before installing.

Last edited:
I guess my problem solved. What I did was to downgrade both the AC and RC firmwares to the earliest version that listed in the dji assistant 2. After doing so, the link cannot be established neither. I then use dji assistant 2 to update the RC firmware to the latest version. Then i connect my phone to the RC and turn on both the RC and AC, still can't connect at this stage, I then try the "RC linking" option in the dji go 4, (this option has no response before) and it started to counting down for 60 seconds for me to press the little button next to the sdcard slot of the AC. One thing needs to note, when the dji go 4 starts counting down, pressing the little button has no response, I then immediately turned off the AC and turn it on again, I pushed the button again and the signal below the button turns red and soon the RC and AC were connected. without switching off any of them, the dji go 4 displayed that firmware upgrade is necessary, I then proceeded the upgrade. upon completeion, I did flied the mavic for a while and turned it off and restarted it several times, it appeared ok for now. Hope it helps.

I tried the "rc linking" option as well as the C1+C2+Record, but no responds at all!
That wont have worked because it was incorrect. You missed the Shutter button.
Correct procedure is hold down C1+C2+Record then press Shutter. (Like you were taking a photo).
I know you are all fixed now but in case anyone else is looking for the RC only Binding process.

Reactions: Mr G
That wont have worked because it was incorrect. You missed the Shutter button.
Correct procedure is hold down C1+C2+Record then press Shutter. (Like you were taking a photo).
I know you are all fixed now but in case anyone else is looking for the RC only Binding process.
In fact I tried c1 & c2 buttons combinations with both the record / shutter button. Thank you for your reply anyway.[emoji8]

By coincidence, this exact thing happened to me this afternoon. The controller would not connect, period. Had to take the Mavic inside and go over everything with a fine toothed comb. I must have bumped the switch when messing with the SD card. I may tape the switch over so it won't move again.

So I did all the steps in this article. Then the think worked and I could see the camera display and it successfully linked. Then I looked and there was a red warning thing, clicked it and said I needed an update. So I clicked on update while everything was connected, took about 5 mins and then it just stopped at 100 percent and disappeared and it appeared my drone was not connected anymore. So I tried it all over again, the steps but note that now it just says "Link to RC" yes or no and there is no countdown, as if it's searching.

I usually update the Mavic and RC controller separately from my 'puter using DJI assistant, and a USB cable attached to the Mavic - the port is opposite the SD slot. Maybe that will help in this case.

Thanks for this. I just had problems connecting. Got Gimbal error in Go4. Had a similar problem with my i2, so thought it was related. Saw your post and realised I had used the mavic with the Katana last week. Doh! Wifi to RC. Now all fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000