DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller won't link?

TheLightSpeed!

Reactions
Just says "connecting"... I don't see a link button on the remote? I tried hitting the pair button on the Mavic with no luck?

Any ideas?
fa4a8713a523af68e010e8f13be21f93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm sure this will helpful to others as well...I hate "gotchas".

So when I got mine open, turned on etc. the controller just said "connecting" and the Bird had a green light! I was so confused...

I finally remembered that I had to find the link button in the Go App. Once I did I hit the link button on the bird, and then hit the link button on the GoApp... it took about ten times and it finally took.

I hope this helps others. Linking RC's isn't a everyday occurrence.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this issue, but I'm thankful that you've shared it with us, so when mine arrives, I'll know better. :)

My
A Mavic was flying perfectly when I got a low voltage warning. It started dropping towards the water but I was able to stick up to hold altitude and got it on. I noticed on the landing the tha camera was spinning wildly out of control and now the remote will not connect. Also when I turn the Mavic on it gets very hot very fast. I tried to repair it but wit just says connecting. Any help would be appreciated.

My
A Mavic was flying perfectly when I got a low voltage warning. It started dropping towards the water but I was able to stick up to hold altitude and got it on. I noticed on the landing the tha camera was spinning wildly out of control and now the remote will not connect. Also when I turn the Mavic on it gets very hot very fast. I tried to repair it but wit just says connecting. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey,

Same thing happens to me. The remote keeps trying to connect to the aircraft. I have tried to re-bind. To connect on wifi. To connect via usb with assistant 2 to see if there is any problem. Nothing. Nothing worked. Did you had any luck solving it?

I also noticed that the aircraft gets VERY hot. But maybe it's because I never had it so much time on and not flying it.

Hey,

Same thing happens to me. The remote keeps trying to connect to the aircraft. I have tried to re-bind. To connect on wifi. To connect via usb with assistant 2 to see if there is any problem. Nothing. Nothing worked. Did you had any luck solving it?

I also noticed that the aircraft gets VERY hot. But maybe it's because I never had it so much time on and not flying it.
No luck. Tried everything. Connect to wifi, re pair to drone with iPhone connected and without. No response. However the drone stopped getting hot but thats it. Got on the online chat which was no help and they said I should send it in for repair without even really digging in to what was happening.

So when I got mine open, turned on etc. the controller just said "connecting" and the Bird had a green light! I was so confused...

I finally remembered that I had to find the link button in the Go App. Once I did I hit the link button on the bird, and then hit the link button on the GoApp... it took about ten times and it finally took.

I hope this helps others. Linking RC's isn't a everyday occurrence.

I had mine replaced and had to rebind. It took a few times to get it to bind. Just keep trying

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

@Dtweiss to me sounds a fast solution. Maybe the battery it's not giving enough power to activate everything needed by the mavic to work properly.

@420fitter I have tried 4 or 5 times. To me seems strange that it's not only about not connecting to the receiver. But also the wifi connection does not work nor the connection on USB. I can't even access the SD card via USB. Very strange

Let's see what dji support answers.

UPDATE: Problem seems to be solved.

I was on chat with support today. They suggested me to do something that I don't know if fixed the problem, but in fact now everything works, let me explain.

They suggested me to do as follows:
  1. Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
  2. Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
  3. Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
After doing this, I don't know why, i tried the binding again, and despite it seemed to have failed, i restarted both devices and they were connected. Then I tried to upgrade firmware and.... the connection was lost and the firmware update failed.

At this point I noticed something different on the mavic: the LED next to the SD card that yesterday was always off, now was red.

That's when I tried to connect again the mavic through the DJI assistant 2. Reinstalled again the sofware, connected the mavic, and after loooooong time waiting the computer to install properly the drivers, it was finally connected! Then I was able to update firmware in both devices and... it finally works.

Hope this may help other mavic owners with same problem.

Reactions: lawmann
UPDATE: Problem is back again.

After some days controller is not connecting to mavic again. :-(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98