DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could someone create a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 700

airview2

Reactions
maybe its time to save 0700 firmware... goggles work well, no other big issuses known. mods for nfz, atti, sport+ (or fcc/ce in future) available...

problem, i prefer making spare rips, not so good in setting up vm's ;-)

@Robbyg is the one we want for that. .700 is the magic FW as of current. While the Mavic and RC work great on .900 and while .900 offers cool new functions for the goggles, the HDMI issue is a problem. Can you also include .600 in the package as well, since downgrading to remove the HDMI issue required .600 first and then .700.

Reactions: Foxy
Making a VMware mirror requires using a backup that includes all your account info etc.
It was actually kind of shocking that the Adiru made a copy of his whole OS and his logins for DJI and offered them publicly. My suggestion is to use his windows Image file and then make a snapshot of the goggles just before they get ready for writing. Personally I have never been all that concerned about the goggles because they do not have any NFZ stuff in them. The worst case scenario is that they make an update that does not work with .400 but that would still give people time to downgrade to the previous version which would work with .400.

Rob

Reactions: Bijengum
Making a VMware mirror requires using a backup that includes all your account info etc.
It was actually kind of shocking that the Adiru made a copy of his whole OS and his logins for DJI and offered them publicly. My suggestion is to use his windows Image file and then make a snapshot of the goggles just before they get ready for writing. Personally I have never been all that concerned about the goggles because they do not have any NFZ stuff in them. The worst case scenario is that they make an update that does not work with .400 but that would still give people time to downgrade to the previous version which would work with .400.

Rob
I'm curious. How are the snapshots saved in the VM. Aren't the available versions loaded from the internet?

No, the only way this process works is it has to pull the image from DJI. The VM is frozen right after that DL occurs.

I now have prepared a similar VM in VirtualBox that achieves the same thing with .700. But I am with Robby... I'm not ready yet to put this out there for everyone since it is tied to my account.

I agree. All this updating is so much BS and keeps breaking things that worked before. I had system update postponed on my Galaxy tab and after about 3 reboots it updated anyway and now the Galaxy no longer records my video nor my flight records. Of course i can pull the chip but it was near to just review the last flight. I'm really pissed about this.

It was actually kind of shocking that the Adiru made a copy of his whole OS and his logins for DJI and offered them publicly.

Meh......not really. Unless someone was really desperate and wanted to attack encrypted files to get his pass (assuming it's even stored in the image anywhere), then they're not really getting anything that could compromise his info. That login almost certainly uses a token that has long since expired and is useless.

Meh......not really. Unless someone was really desperate and wanted to attack encrypted files to get his pass (assuming it's even stored in the image anywhere), then they're not really getting anything that could compromise his info. That login almost certainly uses a token that has long since expired and is useless.

Unless he deactivated the account once you load the Windows image file you can rerun Assistant2 and it should log back in.

To Answers Cyberpowers question the Snapshots are just the Windows OS memory frozen in time along with any hard drive space written during that session. The DJI Assistant2 downloads all the files for the update and stores them in a Temp directory before it writes them to the device.

So once you log back in you should be able to plug in the goggles and the Assitant2 will recognize them and download the firmware. I am not sure if the less than 50% battery rule applies to the goggles, but I assume it does. So once the files are downloaded the Assistant2 should prompt you to put in the goggles with fully charged batteries. At this point you would take a snapshot and save it.

I will probably give this a try next week, since I still have VMware and the win7 OS still loaded in it. Unfortunetly my snapshots will not work with the Windows Image file in Adirus package as the OS image needs to match up to the Snapshot.

Rob

I completed my .700 VirtualBox images today. The goggles indeed adhear to the low battery rule (I had mine down around 20% when I tested this.

My firmware update from VM worked fine on all three components- RC, Mavic, and Goggles (each independently). I can say that the RC Controller is by far the most finicky to update- it's REALLY tricky to get VirtualBox to hand off the USB port to the VM after the RC is plugged in. I think it has to do with the fact the RC Controller starts charging as soon as it is plugged in.

I completed my .700 VirtualBox images today. The goggles indeed adhear to the low battery rule (I had mine down around 20% when I tested this.

My firmware update from VM worked fine on all three components- RC, Mavic, and Goggles (each independently). I can say that the RC Controller is by far the most finicky to update- it's REALLY tricky to get VirtualBox to hand off the USB port to the VM after the RC is plugged in. I think it has to do with the fact the RC Controller starts charging as soon as it is plugged in.

Great Job. It's nice when you have you have your own VM setup because you can save any versions that you want.
I think for the Mav and RC that .400 is really the only important version as everything else has phone home code embedded but none the less its good to have the other just in case.

Rob

Rob
just curious..
i did use ADiru image to get me back to 0.400 but honestly even if i had bad intentions I DOUBT there is a way to get any advantage from that "copy " of his system !
what could u ever do? and also seems like in that snapshot there is basically just dji assistant 2 ..
i was not awar of Vm thing.. such a great tool but indeed i've no clue how to use it , so once again thanks to all of you for this " step by step " guide :)

What are the (dis)advantages of 700 compared to 400?

What are the (dis)advantages of 700 compared to 400?
it should be a less invasive NFZ on 0.400 and the fixed wing mode on 0.700..
I was annoyed by the NFZ with double red circles lol... so I've got back to 0.400 have a look :

I'm on FW .600. How bad is that one?

bob
I was one of those critic about other user NOT updating firmware the point is that after 0.400 management of NFZ started to be too invasive (even for me) and indeed seems stupid that dji OVER restrict where is not necessary!
so I also decided to get back to 0.400 which after all is stable and has less unneeded restrictions

It looks like DJI removed 700fw version this morning so it is not available. Only 900,800 and 550 versions are available so unfortunately nobody can create a VM with 700 anymore. Those who created it when it was available, unlikely to share it as it was mentioned before: it contains your personal DJI account details.

It looks like DJI removed 700fw version this morning so it is not available. Only 900,800 and 550 versions are available so unfortunately nobody can create a VM with 700 anymore. Those who created it when it was available, unlikely to share it as it was mentioned before: it contains your personal DJI account details.

550 still available? How?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters