DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could the end be nigh?

ISIS drives cars and trucks into groups of people too. We should all have are vehicles stripped from us immediately! That'll show 'em!

Of course and all Montanans eat human meat. Your going off the deep end into extremely hypothetical waters. Remember as long as Trump is president the dems and repubs are so busy infighting that nothing will happen at all lol.

I remember when Obama was going to ban ALL guns.... I still have ALL of mine. And Ar15s are back down to 600 dollars again and no longer fear mongered into the 3000 range anymore.

To set the context, I am a libertarian conservative in my political/social views. I chafe at government appearance in my life. So that's the POV I come at this from.

That said, I strongly support these efforts. The technology to easily identify, and seize control of a nefarious drone can't come too soon. And it can't be widely deployed fast enough, all the way to local PD, IMHO.

It is my carefully considered opinion that that is the only way we are going to be able to continue to fly, and with anything resembling some semblance of "freedom".

Drone enthusiasts that don't see, and accept, that these devices are already being used for criminal and terrorist purposes haven't been paying attention to the news. We are at the very early stages of this technology -- within a few years we will have drones that can be completely controlled by voice. It's only going to get worse/better (depending on how you look at it) from there.

We, as a society need the ability to quickly and precisely counter dangerous uses of this technology, as such uses are only going to increase.

Part of the price we pay for that is being inconvenienced, hassled, and sometimes completely frustrated when trying to fly. But we're still flying.

Absent this sort of ability, it will only take one or two drone-delivered bombs in a mall or something killing a few dozen and hobby flying is DONE. Commercial licensing gets much more tight and high-scrutiny. People will not put up with being scared every time they see a drone.

For your consideration.

The libertarian way would be permission of self-enforcement of property rights and a clear definition of those rights in reference to overflight, including compensation for the use of airspace by another party and prohibition of overflight if a property owner doesn't wish it, up to and including physical barriers and defenses.

The practical side though is once again, anyone can walk into a Target or Best Buy and walk out with a drone in hand, no questions asked, and no training offered. What if some of the many online part 107 cert schools were to get themselves into the retail chain, so that if the Best Buy system saw the Mavic Pro SKU it would also offer a 6 month membership with Drone U? Heck, get DJI to put a coupon in the box! Or at least put a message up on the cash register to remind the cashier that they should get some training, instead of just telling them to tell the customer they can't return it if it crashes?

The problem with trying to defend everything is that you end up missing something that in hindsight will be obvious. Box cutters. Fertilizer and diesel fuel. Drones are a hot topic, but while the powers that be busy themselves gearing up for this so-called threat the real bad guys are in a completely different direction.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Sorry, but is someone so anxious to believe the terorists will use dji mavic to carry bombs? Any of us can buy components to buld cusom drones. Why a terorist cannot do it? So lets make rules and regulations which affects the normal people taking pictures, because it is more easy and we are covered, because everyone cann see we take prevention against drones terrorism. It this a joke, or someone is stupid enough to take it seriously?

Sorry, but is someone so anxious to believe the terorists will use dji mavic to carry bombs? Any of us can buy components to buld cusom drones. Why a terorist cannot do it? So lets make rules and regulations which affects the normal people taking pictures, because it is more easy and we are covered, because everyone cann see we take prevention against drones terrorism. It this a joke, or someone is stupid enough to take it seriously?
470858_480p_posters17.jpg

That doesn't make sense because trespassing is not an arrestable offense, (at least not here in Canada). If you are asked to leave a property and do not, or come back, then you can be arrested.

Bud

The FAA didn't arrest them, the local police did.

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense because trespassing is not an arrestable offense, (at least not here in Canada). If you are asked to leave a property and do not, or come back, then you can be arrested.

Bud
I don't disagree. Not sure you followed the chain of comments that lead to what you just quoted but what you are saying is pretty much the reason I posted that. Firstly, while trespassing in a case like this would almost never get you arrested, you can BY LAW be arrested for anything that is illegal (arrested is not being sentenced) but that said, this was/is an FAA issue and I was just saying that while the FAA makes the regulations it's a federal agent like the FBI or a local one like the NYPD that would make the arrest, not the FAA.

That was my point. And it does look like after the FAA dropped the charge that they were picked up for, the city tacked on the what I believe is a retaliatory trespassing charge. It's absolute crap all over if you ask me.

The point is absurd even if it seemed I supported it. The fact is that laws prevent nothing because those that obey laws would never be the ones to break them. Laws are made for the lawless.

Is there a real threat from a terror drone strike, yes, its called a Predator/Reaper drone piloted by the US govt. Is there a real threat from a terrorist drone attack ... yes but unlikely. So should we ban drones or put kill switches in them? Obviously not as it ultimately will do no good. My previous point was meant to drive the conversation. I dknt support it one bit. It was more a statement to get people riled up and thinking about it.

Unfortunately reality check would show us that we can do NOTHING to stop the industry or govt from imposing draconian tyrannical control over yet another nearly harmless over hyped hobby for the reasons of having yet more sinister govt. control over the lives of Americans.

Reactions: Jussaguy
The point is absurd even if it seemed I supported it. The fact is that laws prevent nothing because those that obey laws would never be the ones to break them. Laws are made for the lawless.

Is there a real threat from a terror drone strike, yes, its called a Predator/Reaper drone piloted by the US govt. Is there a real threat from a terrorist drone attack ... yes but unlikely. So should we ban drones or put kill switches in them? Obviously not as it ultimately will do no good. My previous point was meant to drive the conversation. I dknt support it one bit. It was more a statement to get people riled up and thinking about it.

Unfortunately reality check would show us that we can do NOTHING to stop the industry or govt from imposing draconian tyrannical control over yet another nearly harmless over hyped hobby for the reasons of having yet more sinister govt. control over the lives of Americans.
You've stated my thesis in a much stronger way than I would have put it but yeah, my thought stated with some flare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE