DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Counterfeit Mavic Propellers?

Edslittleworld

Reactions
I ordered some extra Mavic props off eBay and they came without any DJI packaging and had a slightly imperfect white indicator circle (see attached). I'm very particular about my new drone and don't want to subject it to counterfeit parts. Shouldn't authentic DJI parts come in packaging, anyway?

Attachments

• Mavic Props 1.jpg
    Mavic Props 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 244
  • Mavic Props 2.jpg
    Mavic Props 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 238
I assumed that you thought they were original DJI props? If not, you only saved $2.

I'm gonna say those are not DJI props, but they are not "counterfeits" because the seller makes no claim that they are. The giveaway is when they say "for DJI Mavic." Even if you scroll down and look where the brand is listed, it says "none."

I'd say you bought knockoffs for a slightly cheaper price. Not the end of the world, use 'em and buy genuine DJI next time is what I'd do.

They do not appear to be DJI manufactured. If you read the eBay listing they are very clear they are FOR the Mavic. Brand says 'no brand'.

The DJI props come 2 in a little black cloth bag in a nice white box. Counterfeit ? NO. Third Party ? YES

The drone cost a thousand dollars and DJI props are two for $ 12 bucks. I would not use third party props even if they were free......

You have no idea about any aspect of them. Am I over cautious ? Heck yes !

So on a DJI prop there is a set of very small numbers on top of each blade near the hub. I'd check that first.

Right, since it is so difficult to check balance of these props I would go with the ones from DJI which a YouTuber checked and found that they are typically spot on for balance. No telling what these 3rd party ones are like, but if you have a prop balancer you can check them using the method shown in the video below, if they are balanced and they fit you should be ok.

Stick to the OEM made DJI props. For the small cost and the important job they do, should you really try to cut cost on props? And don't bother with carbon fiber props. They cost more, are stiffer so if they bite you, you are gonna know it. There is no discernible difference in performance. Stick to good ole DJI props. ;)

I ordered some extra Mavic props off eBay and they came without any DJI packaging and had a slightly imperfect white indicator circle (see attached). I'm very particular about my new drone and don't want to subject it to counterfeit parts. Shouldn't authentic DJI parts come in packaging, anyway?

If they came from an authorized seller on ebay I would be more concerned.

Unfortunately I learned the unbranded knockoff lesson, when I didn't want to wait for the backorder on the pro platinum props. They were really convincing until I pulled them out. :mad:

Reactions: Chiu7526
If you're very particular about your new drone.. TTFWIW.. Maybe don't buy parts for it on eBay..

I bought a set of low noise props from ebay. First flight however the drone started making a grinding noise.
Landed straight away, the props were too flexible and under load were bending, hitting the front and rear body of the Mavic.
Raised a case with ebay and have just had my cash refunded, props have gone in the bin and I've bought some from a genuine DJI dealer now.,,,,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143