DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple of issues to make you all aware of

Thats why I bought an anemometer and use my checklist before every flight even simple check-outs in front of my house where I take it up for only a few minutes...

I received my mavic a few days ago and wanted to share a few things that have occurred. I previously had a P3S so this isn't my first drone.

First flight i almost lost the drone. I was sitting on my front porch and didn't realize how strong the wind was. I went out quite a distance and the drone was barely able to move against the wind. I had to walk to it and was able to get it down with only a few minutes battery remaining. It was completely my fault but hopefully my experience will serve as a warning to be more mindful.

Second day the wind was better... I went to take off and one of the arms folded back and the drone crashed. No damage. Again, I blame myself for not checking the arms. However, I did completely unfold the unit and had it on a hard surface for takeoff. I'm not sure how it folded back but it did. Just a heads up for everyone to be mindful.

The camera quality on the drone is great. I love the remote too. I don't think it's any quieter than my P3S. I also think my P3S flew a bit smoother. All in all, I am happy with the Mavic but would have gone with a P4P if not for the portability factor. My Phantom seemed more stable and solid in flight.

Just my 2 cents.

Anybody have any issues with MAVIC Pro Gimbal having Micro Shakes ( gimbal shakes every once in a while )?
Or am I the only one experiencing this? It is annoying as hell !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Anybody have any issues with MAVIC Pro Gimbal having Micro Shakes ( gimbal shakes every once in a while )?
Or am I the only one experiencing this? It is annoying as **** !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I did experience this today for the first time quite a few times also this was my first time recording in 4K. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. The gimbal is seated just fine. I just performed a gimbal calibration.

I've seen it too but usually only when going wide open in sports mode. I always assumed it was wind hitting it or something but who knows

I received my mavic a few days ago and wanted to share a few things that have occurred. I previously had a P3S so this isn't my first drone.

First flight i almost lost the drone. I was sitting on my front porch and didn't realize how strong the wind was. I went out quite a distance and the drone was barely able to move against the wind. I had to walk to it and was able to get it down with only a few minutes battery remaining. It was completely my fault but hopefully my experience will serve as a warning to be more mindful.

Second day the wind was better... I went to take off and one of the arms folded back and the drone crashed. No damage. Again, I blame myself for not checking the arms. However, I did completely unfold the unit and had it on a hard surface for takeoff. I'm not sure how it folded back but it did. Just a heads up for everyone to be mindful.

The camera quality on the drone is great. I love the remote too. I don't think it's any quieter than my P3S. I also think my P3S flew a bit smoother. All in all, I am happy with the Mavic but would have gone with a P4P if not for the portability factor. My Phantom seemed more stable and solid in flight.

Just my 2 cents.
Curious, when you say it would not fly against the wind well. I also saw a youtuber who reviewed and stated the same but if flying against the wind, did you switch it to Sport mode?? Seems that would solve the problem.

I've ran into wind before and could only go 5-6mph, but once I switched to sports mode it was fine and made it back to me no problem.

It's funny, every wind test I have seen people do, the Mavic behaves better than the Phantom (even against a leaf blower). That had to be some hurricane-force winds you were having.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000