DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple of questions about goggles.

Reactions
Im sure all this has been covered but my search skills are weak, so delete is in the wrong place etc.

Are the goggles stand alone or must they be plugged into the control to be usable?

Can I continue to fly with my Ipad plugged in the control and let my wife wear the goggles to see what I am seeing as I fly?

Can I sync the goggles to my buddies mavic while he is using his goggles so we can both enjoy the ride?

Is it possible to view all the telemetry in the goggles? can this be toggled on and off in viewable?

If im wearing the goggles how do I toggle between pov and map view?

If telemetry is viewable thru goggles do they need to be plugged into the control via the USB port?

Im making the transition from a large 3dr quad and fatsharks to the mavic because of flight time. I sure miss the ability to fly from a 44" 4k television.

Everything Im curios about above is avail with my 3dr except the nearly 30 min flight times

Are the goggles stand alone or must they be plugged into the control to be usable?
They work wirelessly with the Mavic.

Can I continue to fly with my Ipad plugged in the control and let my wife wear the goggles to see what I am seeing as I fly?
Yes.

Can I sync the goggles to my buddies mavic while he is using his goggles so we can both enjoy the ride?
Yes.

Is it possible to view all the telemetry in the goggles?
Yes.

If telemetry is viewable thru goggles do they need to be plugged into the control via the USB port?
No.

Check out the following reviews for more information about the DJI Goggles:

Last edited:
I don't think there is a map view. Per the DJI Goggles FAQ, C1 and C2 are reassigned to the Fn/Back buttons when the goggles are connected.

DJI site says works with a variety of devices, "third party" and "other compatible hdmi devices"

what does this mean? Can I use them with my 10meter video receiver?

DJI site says works with a variety of devices, "third party" and "other compatible hdmi devices"

what does this mean? Can I use them with my 10meter video receiver?

Meaning they can essentially become monitors for any device that outputs HDMI like a blue ray player or computer. They do not output the HDMI signal from the goggles though.

DJI should start shipping pre-orders near the end of this month. If you didn't already pre-order somewhere, then you might be waiting for a while.

Ok Ill let you guys flesh out the problem units.
I highly doubt they are going to be problematic. They were held off for so long to flesh out the problems. You might be waiting for months until the next batch is ready. I am looking forward to getting my shipment notification on the 20th. :p

For the O.P. - I think an nvidia shield (which does have HDMI out) - is the way to use your big television. It should also be possible to connect 2 RC controllers and use the second one as a slave with the nvidia tablet connected to the monitor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61