DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple of quirks...

darkneo

Reactions
So I received my Mavic. Flew it for maybe 3 minutes since I got home from work at sunset. Really great quality, just have a couple of quirks right now not with the flying but design decisions.

1. The clamp on the RC is a tight squeeze with large phones. I have a Nexus 6p and it's near the limit of the max height the RC can handle. There's not much wiggle room to get the connector connected and getting the clamps on it. Takes a bit of work to get it to fit perfectly. Maybe I'll get better with practice... Also I had to remove the case from my phone to get it to fit. It's not a thick case either but oh well...

2. The gimble sphere/ holder is cool but hard to get on. It's technically in 3 pieces: The little gimble holder, the clear sphere, and a rubber cover to protect the sphere. The sphere is easy to get on, but I cannot figure out how to put back the gimble holder. Are we suppose to put the holder on when transporting the Mavic, like the Phantom 4?

Reactions: mstampfli
After the clamps are opened, they still can be rotated out a bit more for larger phones. I don't know why DJI made the inside rubber grips so tight though.

You should put the gimbal clamp on when transporting so the assembly doesn't get damaged. The bottom protrusion rear of the gimbal slides into the small channel of the protector, then the whole assembly slides up. It is kinda a hassle to put on. Hopefully there will be a one piece lens/gimbal protector soon.

Are we suppose to remove that little clearer sticker on the top of the gimble? Weird place to put that one.

Yes, you can remove all stickers.

I have the 6p and ran into the same issue. I needed to remove the case.

So I received my Mavic. Flew it for maybe 3 minutes since I got home from work at sunset. Really great quality, just have a couple of quirks right now not with the flying but design decisions.

1. The clamp on the RC is a tight squeeze with large phones. I have a Nexus 6p and it's near the limit of the max height the RC can handle. There's not much wiggle room to get the connector connected and getting the clamps on it. Takes a bit of work to get it to fit perfectly. Maybe I'll get better with practice... Also I had to remove the case from my phone to get it to fit. It's not a thick case either but oh well...

2. The gimble sphere/ holder is cool but hard to get on. It's technically in 3 pieces: The little gimble holder, the clear sphere, and a rubber cover to protect the sphere. The sphere is easy to get on, but I cannot figure out how to put back the gimble holder. Are we suppose to put the holder on when transporting the Mavic, like the Phantom 4?

Use both hands when you install the gimbal holder. One hand hold the gimbal still and another hand slowly push down the holder while aligning the notch on the gimbal with the opening on the holder.

Careful not to touch the camera lens.

Reactions: MavicProMX
Use both hands when you install the gimbal holder. One hand hold the gimbal still and another hand slowly push down the holder while aligning the notch on the gimbal with the opening on the holder.

Careful not to touch the camera lens.
I have a hard time getting the gimbal clap on and it don't seem to fit that great or securely attached
hold the camera gently and slind the clap just in the grove behind to camera ugh
its so delicate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1