DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crack propellers

Ez_Thug

Reactions
Any every try to fly the Mavic with a small minor hair crack in the propellers ? Meaning just 1 propeller?
6dea3b821b83b33ac8e4986ce639e662.jpg

not a good idea to start with. I would change them. Why take a chance for just a prop. That said i got like 3 extra pairs.

Reactions: Ez_Thug
Change it. Don't take a chance. With a small hunk out of it like your showing, it might even be out of balance.

Reactions: Ez_Thug
The Mavic is "intelligent" enough to fly with this minor cracks as stable as with new ones. It will counterbalance this perfectly.

BUT, if the prop is breaking at this minor hair cracks during flight you loose the uplift on this prop and additional this prop will be out of balance. will propably end in an expensice crash while the props are pretty cheap.

I don´t take that risk.

Btw, where do you get this cracks from? Are on the wrong side of the blade

Reactions: rymannphilippe
The Mavic is "intelligent" enough to fly with this minor cracks as stable as with new ones. It will counterbalance this perfectly.

BUT, if the prop is breaking at this minor hair cracks during flight you loose the uplift on this prop and additional this prop will be out of balance. will propably end in an expensice crash while the props are pretty cheap.

I don´t take that risk.

Btw, where do you get this cracks from? Are on the wrong side of the blade

32a58d512a87b90f322fdc7f607032f0.jpg
I got the crack from flying it in my house crashing it into the wall. I have no GPS signal even after I calibrate it or even put it in tripod mode.

Interesting. I don´t see any marks on the front side - only on the rear....

Interesting. I don´t see any marks on the front side - only on the rear....

But, do you see where the little crack is ? That's what I was worried about !! This is a better picture maybe of the top and bottom.
8361eac8ae9a7fad6e948f526e22a350.jpg

Yes, clearly to see. The propeller must have hitten the wall with its front side. And the crack is seen on the back side, where the prop has its thinnest part. So the physicall exposure to the basis of the prop must have been over the whole blade and leed sto the crack in the back.
On more argument to change the prop, because when it will brake there during flight you might get in trouble with your ac ;-)

I would replace that prop too since there is no telling if it did any damage to the center area of the prop (around the rivets or plastic locking tabs below). If that prop fails in the air, you'll likely lose your entire Mavic (instead of just a $5 prop).

Reactions: Bunny Too
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots