DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked camera lens.

Ron B

Reactions
Question, I have a hair fine crack in the front camera glass after a bad landing. Is this front lens or glass replaceable? And is it available from DJI?

DJI does not sell that part, but they can fix it if you send in your Mavic for repair.

FYI, you might end up getting a refurbished Mavic back.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thank you for the feedback. At this point the crack shows no distortion in the video or photos. I do have the DJI exchange policy
And I agree, I am somewhat concerned about getting a refurbished Mavic. So I will wait on the repair.
The front camera glass may become a replacement part in the near future, I hope. Hopefully it won't be too involved to change it.

I have just done the same thing :-( Unfortunately for me I have a glare from the sunlight now which project over the entire camera :-( any ideas of what i may need to do ??

Thanks in advance.

James

James, I have been told and I have also personally not seen the glass cover for the camera lens as a replacement part available from DJI.
I would guess that the only recourse you have is to send it back to DJI, if you have the refresh policy you may get a refurbished unit.
I would appreciate if you could let me know how you make out with this matter because I will also have to go there!

Well I have found a couple of sites, one of them being...
Drone Doctor UK – Quadcopter, Camera Drone and Ronin Repairs

So I have emailed them to see what they say too. If this doent work then I will need to get in contact with DJI themselves.

I will keep you posted on how I get on. Just bare with me... it may take me a while as I only got the bloody thing today and within 15 mins .... CRASH !! So ive not tried it in the daylight yet lol !!! School boy error I know :-/

James

Reactions: Mavic Gang AZ
I was able to get my lens out of the camera by just heating it slightly with a blow dryer and a needle and the lens popped right out with no residue or glue behind it. I ended up using one of those tempered glass protective lens covers picture looks good no more crack or scratches

I was able to get my lens out of the camera by just heating it slightly with a blow dryer and a needle and the lens popped right out with no residue or glue behind it. I ended up using one of those tempered glass protective lens covers picture looks good no more crack or scratches

Thanks Horace951 for this hint. I've done it in the same way as you mentioned and my camera works like a charme again.

I've purchased ND-Filter from PGYTECH which not affect the Gimbal self-test. So I can use it permanently.

Thanks again!
Simon

Thanks Horace951 for this hint. I've done it in the same way as you mentioned and my camera works like a charme again.

I've purchased ND-Filter from PGYTECH which not affect the Gimbal self-test. So I can use it permanently.

Thanks again!
Simon
Simon you're very welcome. Glad it helped you.

So

Thanks again!
Simon[/QUO

So take out the oem lens and basically replace it with one that simply slides on?

I ended up buying a couple spare lenses just in case it happens again at $12 a piece not a bad deal

Can you post a link to the Ebay lens you bought?

Mine is basically shattered.. Need a new one.

Thanks

Can you post a link to the Ebay lens you bought?

Mine is basically shattered.. Need a new one.

Thanks
For some reason eBay won't allow me to copy the link and paste it only share it through Facebook and other means of social media but here's a couple pics of the one I bought1498503014835.png

Thanks again!
Simon

Hi memento, where do you buy the filter?? im from Chile and today y broke my camera. i hope that removing the lens is no so difficult.

Thanks Horace951!!!, i hope i can fix my mavic, today i crashed to a wall and it blroke the lens.
i dont know if i have to use a filter or a film protective like the picture you posted.
i hope for your advice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots