DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked Gimbal

This area is exactly similar to the panel on the back of the gimbal that breaks off in shipping due to gimbal clamp strain. It's on the side of the gimbal for the pitch, instead of the back of the gimbal for the roll. I guess we're lucky the tab only scratches across the top of the gimbal for the yaw.

Mine arrived completely broken off.

Thankfully I didn't pay DJI a penny directly and digitalrev have, to date, been superb.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Would you mind sharing whether you had to send it back to China or if you had it replaced in the UK?

Thanks

I received an email from DigitalRev so I can return the Mavic to China, but they want me to send in the everything in the fly more combo with all the packaging in tact.
Since I don't have any of the battery boxes, I wonder if I can't replace the part myself?

DJI needs to make the gimbal assembly out of metal or incorporate plug and play replacement parts for owners.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Screws over tightened, weak aluminum. I already know just a tip guys be gentle with the gimbal the aluminum is brittle and flexes to a small extent. Weight - I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

6a02a1d336b01d3e8e7721344bcc44cf.jpg

So I just noticed this crack. I have only taken my Mavic out two times - I live in San Francisco and it has been pouring rain - I was fiddling with adjustments in the living room-not flying it! :)
When I was putting the gimbal protector on I saw this crack. I am going traveling in two days and definitely want to bring my Mavic-do you know how important this pieces or is it a wire guard as I've read elsewhere?...... superglue[emoji36]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

do you know how important this pieces or is it a wire guard as I've read elsewhere?
The gimbal lock connects to it, so you'll at least be out that if it snaps off.

Having seen videos I also checked my 1 week old mavic and sadly noticed a crack on my gimbal...

d.pr/i/zWst

Its next to the two rear screws and small but noticeable.

What would you say - send back and risk DJI send me a repaired mavic from another owner or just keep it?

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 153
It looks like Peter Homer (YouTube) also had this same issue and sent his into DJI. They are currently making repairs under the warranty.

20170308_012545-1.jpg
Here's my crack on 3 week old Mavic. I just checked after seeing these threads.

Reporting crack ( referring to pic above),starts at the left screw & goes south to the end of the plate. This is now a widespread issue, DJI needs to grab the bull by the horns. My quad has only 4 hours on it, with no hard impacts, crashes etc. DJI needs to address this in a matter that doesn't make an owner nervous, like sending back the whole package for repair.

If DJI doesn't make spare parts for the gimbals available (this should be an easy self-repair) then I plan to send my Mavic back after 11 months. Hopefully I will get a new replacement.
The part in question is definitely plastic, not metal. After my Phantom 3 developed regular cracks around the motors I'm surprised that DJI didn't do some more serious testing of their plastics.

And don't get me started on the Go4 app for Android that crashes once every minute.. *SIGH*

Reactions: hookalakupua
I sent back mine with the cracked gimbal to Digitalrev and still waiting to see what happens. It's just under a month since I bought it and they initially said it has to be less than 14 days for replacement. I argued it was a common problem and that DJI should replace under warranty. I could have tried sending it to DJI directly however I read the Digitalrev support to be excellent hence the decision. Let's see what happens...

I just sent mine back to Dji yesterday same problem only 2 flights no crashes or bumps or anything .
b365001046dbaa3602dd9ddfec79dbe9.jpg

Well Guys!, keep ,or send in for repair?.
Your opinions please !!
these pictures were taken 4 weeks apart and only 6 flights between each.

GIMBAL both pictures joined 2.jpg

Yeah mine was broken b4 I even took the plastic dome off the mavic, I could hear rattle in around. I never sent it back and no problems so far. Shame hey wouldn't just send me the part, it's just 2 small screws. Just enjoy it b4 the next one comes out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22