DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crane shot of a Crane

Nice footage. Where were you, relative to the crane? You approached behind the building and was afraid you were putting the building between yourself and the drone but maybe you were somewhere to the side.

I only saw one "crane shot" and it was the first shot with mostly the building in view. I kept waiting for a nice long crane shot from the base of the crane up to the top.

One thing I see a lot on these videos (and I hesitate to point out in your fine video) is a muted exposure... white objects in sunlight should be pretty bright unless you're going for an artistic palette. One early shot has a slight over-exposure when houses on the left are blown out but for the rest of the video it's quite a bit darker. I wonder whether some people do their video editing in an overly darkened room where bright whites might be uncomfortable to see.

Nice footage. Where were you, relative to the crane? You approached behind the building and was afraid you were putting the building between yourself and the drone but maybe you were somewhere to the side.

I only saw one "crane shot" and it was the first shot with mostly the building in view. I kept waiting for a nice long crane shot from the base of the crane up to the top.

One thing I see a lot on these videos (and I hesitate to point out in your fine video) is a muted exposure... white objects in sunlight should be pretty bright unless you're going for an artistic palette. One early shot has a slight over-exposure when houses on the left are blown out but for the rest of the video it's quite a bit darker. I wonder whether some people do their video editing in an overly darkened room where bright whites might be uncomfortable to see.

I was in the parking lot where the drone heads to at the end of the video. My fear was really the interference all the bare metal would pose but I think due to all of the open line of sight, it was fine.

I thought the shot when I was moving from left to right and vice versa are also considered crane shots as they simulate shots taken from a crane jib, but I could be wrong. And I did do me editing at night which may explain some of the muting, but I tried my best to do color corrections based on what looked stylistically good. In hindsight, I guess I could have turned up the brightness a tad bit more. Thanks for the feedback!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929